Search Unity

Camera jitter using POV

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by Craze74, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Craze74

Craze74

Hello everyone !

I am stubbling against a jitter issue when rotating around my character, like you can see on this video :

I am using a virtual camera with 'POV' for aim and Framing Transposer for body.
    It seems that the body itself does not jitter, but the issue coming from the aim. My target for aim does not jitter, and it is not a rigidbody.

The code I am using to rotate my character is set in LateUpdate(), I also tried fixedUpdate, as well as changing the method update of the main camera, but the jitter stays there.

I tried the same thing with a Freelook camera, and the jitter is not present, that seems to be inherent to the virtual camera POV mode...
    I had a look in many threads but can't find a solution to this.
    Does anyone would have an idea on how to fix this issue ?

Thank you !

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Can you show the inspector for the vcam and for the Brain? When the game is running, please.

3. Craze74

Craze74

Hello !

Here is a footage I recorded when I switch from the 'free camera' which has no issue at all, and the 'closer cam' which get really jittery

4. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Thanks, but can you just paste an image of the inspectors, for both vcams? I want to check the settings.

5. Craze74

Craze74

6. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

Thank you. What is the Camera LookAt target that the POV camera is looking at? How does it relate to the player?

7. Craze74

Craze74

The lookTarget is an empty gameObject that is parented to the player, I tried few things in order to fix this jittering, however even if I switch back the camera LookAt target to the player, the jittering is happening the same way