Search Unity

1. Engage, network and learn at Unite Austin 2017, Oct 3 - 5. Get your ticket today!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Introducing the Unity Essentials Packs! Find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out all the fixes for 5.6 on the patch releases page.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Unity 2017.1 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Unity 2017.2 beta is now available for download.
    Dismiss Notice

Camera Glitch — Image Effect

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by Elringus, Dec 23, 2015.

1. Elringus

Elringus

Camera Glitch is an image (post-processing) effect for Unity that simulates random digital video glitches and artifacts. May be used to simulate video camera (or any other digital video hardware) malfunction.

[​IMG]

Links:

If you have any questions or need support, feel free to post in this thread — I will be happy to assist.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
  2. erana79

erana79

Hi Elringus!

I just purchased your Image Effect Asset! Works great!
    Now i tried to access the parameters via code without any luck.

Maybe i missed something obvious here, but i can't define a CameraGlitch datatype variable to get the script from the camera via Getcomponent.
    CameraGlitch as a datatype is unknown. Weird...

3. Elringus

Elringus

Hi,

That’s really weird. I’ve just checked and it seems to be able to find the type ok:

[​IMG]

You may try to delete and reimport the package. Also check if that is not something project-specific (could it be reproduced in a new clean project?).

If the problem persists, please contact me via the support email with a more detailed info (Unity version, OS, target platform) and I will assist you further.

4. freezingwreck

freezingwreck

I looked at the demo and it was amazing! It had just the kind of filtering Im looking for but I am not interested in the glitching. Im only interested in the filtering. I dont like how it keeps switching and the lines arent doing it for me. I would like better customization so that I can only use the filters with no flickering, no lines, no switching and I want direct control over the coloring or just have an dozen or so presets to choose from. .

I want to be able to able to turn it on and know what its going to look like but now its just random.

5. Elringus

Elringus

Hi,

For the coloring effect I’ve used a couple of blend modes and an overlay. This is a glitch effect, so I’m afraid it is not going to work for just a static screen overlay, but you may try my other asset, Blend Modes: http://u3d.as/b9w

I’ve recently added a screen overlay feature, which possibly could yield the result you need. Here is an example video of applying different blend effects to a camera:

6. freezingwreck

freezingwreck

Im not sure how " blend modes and an overlay" would be limit me more than a " static screen overlay".

The main hurdles that are not giving me what I want is how it keeps on changing the colors on its own. And when I turn it on it will be a random pallet of colors.

The main things I want are the color shifting, the burn colors and the color dodge.

I looked at your blend modes camera overlay video and Im not sure if it would provide me with the color pallet Im looking for.

7. Elringus

Elringus

The glitch effect is random by design, so it's impossible to make it always output the exact same setup (unless you edit the shader). In Blend Modes you can set one of the 25 different presets and then tune it with a texture and a color tint (in the video I didn't change a texture and a tint), so it could provide nearly unlimited set of possible effects. In the camera glitch effect burn colors is essentially the "Color Burn" blend mode and dodge colors is the "Color dodge", both are available in the Blend Modes package.

8. jhollands

jhollands

Hi Elringus, how does this asset work with Unity mobile? Are there any issues?

9. Elringus

Elringus

Hi, I've tested it on android and iOS -- worked without issues. The effect itself doesn't use any special features and should work with all the platforms.

10. Fearworks

Fearworks

Hey, @Elringus - is there a way I can use this to replicate the distortion effect from Slender: The Arrival. For example, how can I trigger this effect by looking at the enemy (as shown below)?

[​IMG]

11. Elringus

Elringus

Hi, you can play with all the available settings using this demo: http://elringus.me/static/camera-glitch-webgl/

For static noise you could try Unity's default noise image-effect.

Fearworks likes this.
  12. Elringus

Elringus

Coming soon: UI Glitch effect

Bagnol likes this.
  13. arcmohudragon

arcmohudragon

Hi Elringus.
    i want to ask you for about Resources / OverlayTexture.
    I like a font used in OverlayTexture. I would like to obtain this, where can I get it? Did you make this? I want to purchase it.

14. Elringus

Elringus

Hi,

Unfortunately, I hadn’t kept the sources for the overlay image and can’t tell the exact font, but I think it was “Platelet” (the thin one).

15. arcmohudragon

arcmohudragon

Thank you!

16. juan-jo

juan-jo

Hi.
    Can the glitch effect of "Camera Glitch" be used on a regular texture?

17. Elringus

Elringus

Hi, the effect can only be applied to cameras and UI objects (including 3D UI objects) out of the box.

18. juan-jo

juan-jo

Thanks Elringus