Search Unity

Camera follow the player.. HELP

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by engelcj, Aug 2, 2015.

1. engelcj

engelcj

Hello everyone.

I need get that my camera follow my character always leaving a margin of height above the character. I want this event is active after to give a click.

An example to follow is the game of "Into the Circle", when the player it's launched, the camera follows the character always leaving a margin of height between the character and the camera.

See the video:

This is my code:

Code (CSharp):
    1. if (Input.GetMouseButtonDown (0)) {
    3. // This does not give me the result I want
    4. camera.transform.position = new Vector3 (0, player.transform.position.y / 2, -10);
    5. }
    7. }

2. HiddenMonk

HiddenMonk

Maybe something like (not tested)
    Code (CSharp):
    1. float height = 5f;
    2. float speed = .2f;
    3. Vector3 targetCamPosition;
    5. Void Start()
    6. {
    7.     targetCamPosition = camera.transform.position;
    8. }
    10. void Update()
    11. {
    12.     if (Input.GetMouseButtonDown (0))
    13.     {
    14.         targetCamPosition = camera.transform.position + (Vector3.up * height);
    15.     }
    17.     camera.transform.position = Vector3.Lerp(camera.transform.position, targetCamPosition, speed * Time.deltaTime);
    18. }
    People might comment on how the lerp I am doing is wrong, but it isnt, it just might not give the result you are expecting. You can look online for different ways to use lerp, such as here http://www.blueraja.com/blog/404/how-to-use-unity-3ds-linear-interpolation-vector3-lerp-correctly
    Sorry if I misstyped something or the logic is wrong. Writing code on a tablet is painful.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2015
  3. engelcj

engelcj

@HiddenMonk Thank you very much for the reply. The code did not work as I want, but I managed to give me an idea and now works :)