Search Unity

Camera follow pixel perfect

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by JaimieVos, Dec 22, 2020.

1. JaimieVos

JaimieVos

I have the cinemachine follow on my 2d character. But since I am using pixel perfect my camera seems to follow in pixel perfect ish too. When I stop moving the camera stops on a very weird jittery way. Is there a way around this?

2. yazoubello

yazoubello

I'm not familiar with that code nor have I took the time to try it, but, I'd change that Update into a LateUpdate. Also change the script execution order to after the default time. That way you make sure the camera moves after its targets have moved as well.

Kodi nox

Last edited: Jan 6, 2021
  3. Fred5JD

Fred5JD

I had same problem, I suggest use Cinemachine Pixel Perfect extention, the orthographic size of the camera can be changed It is not recommended to use these two systems in the same Scene because it will cause them to compete for control of the Camera, resulting in undesirable results. This incompatibility is resolved by the Cinemachine Pixel Perfect extension for Adobe Photoshop.

moviebox pro 3utools

4. dxdesjardins

dxdesjardins

I have been trying to troubleshoot this issue for weeks. The cinemachine camera appears to only move in pixel perfect increments which causes a small but noticeable jitter at the end of movement while using a framing transposer.

I've come to the conclusion this is an incompatibility between pixel perfect and damping; not just for cinemachine, but all 3rd party cameras. Seems like an engine issue.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2022
  5. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

What happens if you remove the PixelPerfect behaviour from the main camera?

6. dxdesjardins

dxdesjardins

After attempting to rewrite the unity pixel perfect logic myself, I determined that there is no current solution to have 'perfectly smooth' pixel perfect camera movement; the camera must pixel snap just like the sprites. In theory what I want is possible, however, no one to date has been able to figure out a solution that is process light enough to realistically use. I started looking into other engines to see if any others handle the issue smoother, and have realized that the issue is industry wide. This isn't a unity specific problem and I will accept it. Thanks though.

7. elanieluis1991

elanieluis1991

I've been trying to solve this problem for weeks. When using a framing transposer, the cinemachine camera appears to only move in pixel-perfect increments, resulting in a small but noticeable jitter at the end of the movement.

cinema hd