Search Unity

Camera feed not showing on some devices

Discussion in 'AR' started by waldgeist, Jun 17, 2019.

1. waldgeist

waldgeist

I am facing a strange phenomenon that only appears on some devices.

Everything works great if I deploy my AR app directly from within Unity. But if I download it from the app store, the AR video feed does not show up on some devices, only the scene background (default skybox). The same happens if I export the project to Android studio and deploy it from there.

It works on Google Pixel devices, but not on a Moto G5Plus or a Samsung S8. These devices also do not ask for the camera permissions on startup, so I guess the problem is somehow related to that.

The error codes I get in the Android Studio console is:

E/Unity-ARCore: Failed to register lifecycle provider, Camera subsystem will be unavailable!
    Failed to register lifecycle provider, Depth subsystem will be unavailable!
    Failed to register lifecycle provider, Plane subsystem will be unavailable!
    Failed to register lifecycle provider, Raycast subsystem will be unavailable!
    Failed to register lifecycle provider, ReferencePoint subsystem will be unavailable!
    Failed to register lifecycle provider, Session subsystem will be unavailable!
    E/Unity-ARCore: Failed to register lifecycle provider, Input subsystem will be unavailable!

The Android manifest contains the permission requests:

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.CAMERA" />
    <uses-feature android:name="android.hardware.camera.ar" android:required="true" />

2. tdmowrer

tdmowrer

Looks like you found the github issue related to this, but for future readers of this post:
    https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/arfoundation-samples/issues/96#issuecomment-502661550
    https://issuetracker.unity3d.com/issues/xr-subsystems-are-not-found-when-using-android-app-bundles

waldgeist likes this.
  3. waldgeist

waldgeist

Yep, I found it :) Thanks for referencing it for others to find, too.