Search Unity

Camera doesn't display particles

Discussion in '2D' started by artamonovalex18, Aug 5, 2019.

1. artamonovalex18

artamonovalex18

I'm walking through "Ruby's Adventure: 2D Beginner" tutorial and now I'm on the chapter on adding particle systems for example smoke. The first screenshot is game view, while the second is Scene view in the same moment.
    Idk what to do, do you have some suggestions? upload_2019-8-5_15-52-23.png upload_2019-8-5_15-53-1.png

2. ed_s

ed_s

Unity Technologies

Are your particles (smoke) and the ground sprites on the same layer? If two things are on the same layer, the game engine isn't sure which to render first so it's best to make sure objects that need to be on separate layers are actually set that way.

FYI, you can also check out this thread if you have questions about the Ruby's Adventure tutorial.

https://forum.unity.com/threads/rubys-adventure-2d-beginner-official-thread.661837/

artamonovalex18 likes this.
  3. artamonovalex18

artamonovalex18

Thank a lot!! I found a solution in this thread. As for your question, particles and the background was on the different layers, but the thing is that Z-position in transform of particle system was negative for some reason. I just set it to 0 and everything became as it should. I tried to create one more particle system and discovered that was created with Z equals to -20. It means that last time I just didn't pay attention to it.
    Thank a lot!:)