Search Unity

Question Camera Damping jitter (scene and video included)

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by Eldim, Jun 1, 2023.

1. Eldim

Eldim

Hello! I'm using Cinemachine with a Damping value of 2 (this is the desired value for the game). There are no issues with the camera movement, but when the character stops and the camera approaches the hero, there is a strong jitter effect (you can find a video with the issue (look at background) and the project itself below). I have read many similar threads and watched several videos, but I haven't been able to solve this problem. This article is my last hope
    PS: Please don't suggest setting the Damping to 0; I specifically need it to be 2.

Unity 2021.3.18f1
    Cinemachine 2.8.9
    (use A and D to move the character in the project)

Attached Files:

2. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

That looks like pixel aliasing, which will become apparent when the camera moves very slowly. You have 3 options:
    1. Live with it
    2. Use PixelPerfect on the camera to force the camera onto correct pixel boundaries (side-effect: when the camera moves very slowly it will move in little jumps from pixel to pixel)
    3. Choose a more tolerant background (notice, for example, that the bottom pattern is fine)

Last edited: Jun 1, 2023
  3. Eldim

Eldim

Thanks for the answer. So it's a side effect because I'm using PixelPerfect

4. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

It's possible that your background texture is not compatible with your pixel-perfect settings. Are the pixel sizes matching?

5. Eldim

Eldim

I think so, but I'm afraid of getting the answer wrong (I don't have much experience, I apologize). Can you check my scene from attached file?

Attached Files:

6. Gregoryl

Gregoryl

Unity Technologies

7. Eldim

Eldim