Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Camera clear color in HDRP

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by fengkan, Feb 17, 2020.

1. fengkan

fengkan

The camera clear color is not the same as the background color in the camera setting. I have disabled all the other objects in the default HDRP scene, with only the camera left.

Untitled.png

How can I make the scene pure red?

Thank you, guys.

2. SebLagarde

SebLagarde

Unity Technologies

Hi, just sanity check. Have you noticed that the background color is HDR with a HDR color picker in HDRP? I am asking as you give hexadecimal value that is usually used for LDR color picker, so wondering if there is mismatch here.

Can you detail your setup repro step ? thanks

3. fengkan

fengkan

Hi, SebLagarde, thank you for the answer. I know it's HDR color, I wanted to use the hexadecimal value to show the difference.

I am using 2019.3.0f6 and HDRP 7.1.8. After creating a new scene, I disable the "Directional Light", "Sky and Fog Volume", and "Scene PostProcess" object, and the "HD Additional Camara Data" component in the "Main Camera" object, and set the RGBA value of "Background Color" in camera to 1, 0, 0, 0 with the intensity of 0. I suppose this would make the main game view pure red, but it's not.

If you need any other information, please tell me, SebLagarde, thank you!

4. Tomas-Kiniulis

Tomas-Kiniulis

Unity Technologies

Hi fengkan!

Did you check Edit -> Project Settings -> HDRP Default Settings if there are any additional Post Processing effects added to the Default Volume asset?

I've checked in HDRP 7.2.0 and get only inaccuracy of red value between 254 - 255

Attached Files:

5. fengkan

fengkan

Hi, Tomas, just like you said, it's the tonemapping setting in the default volume profile asset. Didn't know that, it's OK now, thank you!

6. Tomas-Kiniulis

Tomas-Kiniulis

Unity Technologies

Glad that helped! :)

fengkan likes this.