Search Unity

1. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Ever participated in one our Game Jams? Want pointers on your project? Our Evangelists will be available on Friday to give feedback. Come share your games with us!
    Dismiss Notice

Camera background is now gone after upgrading to ARKit XR 4.0.1

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by jgmakes, Jun 28, 2020.

1. jgmakes

jgmakes

I just upgraded to ARKit XR 4.0.1 (with ARFoundation 4.0.2, Subsystems 4.0.1) and and now my AR Camera background image is blank. There's nothing coming in from the device camera.

I thought that perhaps there was a problematic setting in upgrading my currently AR Foundation project, so I started another from scratch (2019.3.8, URP). No luck. Same blank camera.

Anyone hit this and solve it or have any tips?

Thank you

2. jgmakes

jgmakes

And of course it's a checkbox.

Project Settings -> XR Plug-in Management -> iOS ->
    I Had to check "ARKit" under Plug-in Providers.

I imagine the same is true under the Android tab when building to Android.

I found this by wandering through the ARFoundation-Samples project on Github and comparing it to my setup. I hadn't seen the Samples project before and really appreciate seeing a lot of AR scenarios/systems implemented. For example:
    • Plane occlusion
    • Environment Probes
    • AR World Map
    • And actually delaying the OS's camera permission request. I hate when apps launch with a series of immediate asks before proving the reason and value (FYI, they do it simply by putting the AR Session/Origin/Camera in another scene that's loaded post launch. Seems obvious now but hadn't thought of it and hadn't seen anyone talking about it.)
    Glad I stumbled on the project via this issue :)

Last edited: Jun 28, 2020
unityunity