Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Camera Angle for Beat-Em-Up

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Laximata, Nov 26, 2022.

1. Laximata

Laximata

Hello everyone.

I was wondering if there's any other way to angle the camera to make the "background" be seen while having this kind of camera angle. It's a beat-em-up-ish game.
    0 degree.PNG

The thing is, I'm using Unity Terrain as the main battle area (no collider or anything, just for aesthetic, easy texture painting), but terrain cannot be angled so I made a seperate gameobject that I can rotate for the camera to see the background, which I also want to achieve for natural Parallax without script.

10 degree.PNG

Now I was wondering if there's a way to achieve this with the entire stage on 0 degree (without separating the background to rotate), while the camera is angled like, but make the camera see the backgrounds.

One thing I planned was to use World Curve similar to Animal Crossing, but for now I did was just made the "Background" be inside a GameObject that I can rotate very easily, while keeping the entire gameplay's natural angle to "Battle Area".

2. CodeKiwi

CodeKiwi

3. neginfinity

neginfinity

You can use two cameras. One for the scene and one for background. It is called camera stacking.