Search Unity

Camera and xbox controller setup issue

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by Hawk0077, Dec 10, 2021.

1. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Hi, any ideas what my issue is?

Im using 2019.4 unity, latest invector character and cinemaching.

I just returned to my project after many months off and cant get the character camer to work right.

Heres what is happening. With "reset the target heading" anabled.

I movew forward with the left stick of xbox controller, and then right and left and backwards and everything seems to work fine.

But then when I use the right stick to move around the charatcter as I move forward right, eventually the character doesnt turn rightany more and then from that point the left stick directions have changed.

Its the Right to go forward, L:eft to backwards, Down to go right, up to go left and so on.

These also change again so down is forward, up is backwards etc.

Its as if the settings of the controller are always correct when heading East for example. and as I move the right stick to rotate the camera the camer turns but then the stick positions change so I then have no idea how to move the character in a partiiicular direction.

I have quadruple checked the Inpur settings and they are correct.
    Cinemachine cameras were working fine last time out and the settings seem to be the same.

So what is going on? Any ideas appreciated.

Many thanks.

2. gaborkb

gaborkb

Unity Technologies

Could you share your movement control script? I have a guess that your movement depends on the characters forward, or the camera forward, or something like that.

Hawk0077 likes this.
  3. Hawk0077

Hawk0077

Thank you, I apologize as a couple of days ago I completely restarted the character and it now works fine. I was just trying to save having to recreate the character from scratch.

Many thanks and apologies again.

gaborkb likes this.