Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct to familiarize yourself with the forum rules and how to post constructively.
  2. We’re making changes to the Unity Runtime Fee pricing policy that we announced on September 12th. Access our latest thread for more information!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Resolved Camera.allowDynamicResolution readonly?

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by sebas77, Jul 27, 2021.

1. sebas77

sebas77

the aforementioned property is writeable, but in HDRP setting it to true won't have any effect. Please shed some light as this behaviour is confusing (and a bit upsetting)

2. francescoc_unity

francescoc_unity

Unity Technologies

3. sebas77

sebas77

sorry my post was not clear obviously. I meant to change it at run time via code.

GetComponent<Camera>().allowDynamicResolution = value won't affect the value at all

P.S.: the feature works for me, the problem is that I cannot switch the flag at run time, I am starting to think I am not supposed to do so.

4. francescoc_unity

francescoc_unity

Unity Technologies

Right, I am not 100% sure as memories are a bit faint, but there is a bit of a confusing situation as we have an entry on the Camera with the same name, but what HDRP uses is the field on the HDAdditionalCameraData called the same way allowDynamicResolution .

Let me know if this help or I can try and look deeper into it later on.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2021
  5. Just_Lukas

Just_Lukas

Using HDAdditionalCameraData works but what is it good for to have duplicate fields and confusing devs with them especially if some of them don't work at all?