Search Unity

Came back to my project and everything is broken

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by thespragg, Mar 20, 2019.

1. thespragg

thespragg

So, I started a game about a year ago, took a break for around 4 months then came back to it today.

I haven't touched the project or anything in that time, not even moved the files, but my issues have grown exponentially from the first time I opened the project:

First issue, every script component reference had cleared itself, I know this is to do with the meta files however I haven't touched them
    So I revert to a previous confirmed 100% working build through the collaborate tools, it now can't read image files it could previously read.
    I delete the project and download fresh, now my shaders are gone, every script says that there's no monobehaviours attached or that the name doesn't match the class name (checked and this isn't true)
    I try one more fresh download, now code within the unity framework is throwing errors along with my scene just being entirely pink and script errors everywhere.

Is there any way to ignore the latest commit (which was made before I realised my object references had disappeared) and completely download a previous build from scratch?

2. StartStart

StartStart

Always backup your project. I've lost 1 before same as you and I was recover it by recovery program.

3. thespragg

thespragg

I've just found an old old backup that id made, used that and collaborate tools to go forwards to a working build instead of backwards, and its still somehow broken

4. StartStart

StartStart

Wait for other answer. Or redo it all new (if it's not take much time).

5. thespragg

thespragg

Unfortunately its too big to redo at this point, what's weird is that even going back to the hard copy backup i have, the object references are still not there

6. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Are you opening the project today with the same Unity version as 4 months ago, when it was working?

Joe-Censored likes this.