Search Unity

Third Party Callback for PhotonNetwork.Instantiate

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by siddharth3322, Dec 18, 2021.

1. siddharth3322

siddharth3322

I was working on the multiplayer game in which a maximum of 2 players was allowed to join in the same room and for this purpose, I was using Photon Network.

Now as per my requirements I was spawning symbols using PhotonNetwork.Instantiate() method and here you have my actual code:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. if (PhotonNetwork.IsMasterClient)
    2.         {
    3.             foreach (Transform placeHolder in player1PlaceHolders)
    4.             {
    5.                 for (int i = 0; i < 2; i++)
    6.                 {
    8.                     int placeHolderSize = placeHolder.GetComponent<SymbolPlaceHolder>().symbolSize;
    9.                     GameObject playerSymbolObj = PhotonNetwork.Instantiate("Photon/" + player1SymbolsPrefs[placeHolderSize - 1].name, placeHolder.position, Quaternion.identity);
    10.                     playerSymbolObj.transform.SetParent(placeHolder);
    11.                     placeHolder.GetComponent<SymbolPlaceHolder>().symbolObjList.Add(playerSymbolObj);
    12.                     placeHolder.GetComponent<SymbolPlaceHolder>().UpdateAvailaleSymbolsText();
    14.                     player1SymbolObjList.Add(playerSymbolObj);
    15.                 }
    16.             }
    17.         }
    Now if you notice, I was adding spawned Symbol within SymbolObjList which was working perfectly for the Host player but not with another Client player.

As per my game requirements, I want my SymbolObjList to be filled with symbols of Host and Client players on each side.

For Host player, it is already filling but for Client Player, I want some callback so I can add items in the list for Client Player.

Please suggest to me something on this matter.

2. Johan_Liebert123

Johan_Liebert123

Are these symbols just a scene object, or the actual player, if it's just a scene object use PhotonNetwork.InstantiateRoomObject or PhotonNetwork.InstantiateSceneObject. Im not entirely sure which one was the correct one but give it a shot

siddharth3322 likes this.
  3. siddharth3322

siddharth3322

Actually, these symbols are player objects, I was working on a kind of Tic Tac Toe type of game.
    So both players have different X and O symbols to pick and place within the grid board. I need these symbols with PhotonView attached but I want some callback after these symbols Instantiated within the game so I can do some necessary stuff with these objects.

4. siddharth3322

siddharth3322

After some research, I found IPunInstantiateMagicCallback interface of GameObject instantiate callback.
    Source Link
    https://doc.photonengine.com/zh-cn/pun/current/getting-started/dotnet-callbacks

For this to work, I have to register and unregister through these lines:
    PhotonNetwork.AddCallbackTarget(this)
    PhotonNetwork.RemoveCallbackTarget(this)

But still, I can't able to get success in getting some event when PhotonNetwork.Instantiate() method called.

5. icefallgames

icefallgames

Your link explicitly says that you don't have to register a callback target for IPunInstantiateMagicCallback.

Just implement IPunInstantiateMagicCallback on one of the MonoBehaviors attached to the object being created.

siddharth3322 likes this.
  6. siddharth3322

siddharth3322

Shall I require to add this interface IPunInstantiateMagicCallback to the object which is spawning?
    Or in any controller kind of script, I can add this interface for the callback.