Search Unity

Bug Caching is not working on latest Chrome and Ms edge browsers for Webgl build Unity[21.3.8f1]]

Discussion in 'Web' started by AnkushWebzool, May 8, 2023.

1. AnkushWebzool

AnkushWebzool

Following an update to the latest versions of Chrome and Microsoft Edge browsers, my WebGL build is no longer able to read data from IndexedDB, indicating that caching is not functioning correctly. Consequently, after clearing the cache, the build is only functional for a single session. This issue does not seem to be present on other browsers such as Opera, Safari, and Mozilla Firefox

Attached Files:

2. roka

roka

3. AnkushWebzool

AnkushWebzool

4. roka

roka

My games are not affected because i still use Unity 2019.4.38f1 which use the old caching system

All games made with version Unity 2021.1.x => 2021.3.14f1 with the new caching system seem to be affected.

All web browser that use chromium and pushed the last update are affected.
    So, the last update of chromium broke something in the new unity cache system.

I have already post a compatibility break between the old and new version of the cache system here https://forum.unity.com/threads/web...n-recent-unity-versions.1343537/#post-8483339 without anyone taking care....

5. AnkushWebzool

AnkushWebzool

var UnityCacheDatabase = { name: "UnityCache", version: 3 }; to var UnityCacheDatabase = { name: "UnityCache1", version: 3 }; on the new indexedDB system Module.UnityCache.
    this code can fix the problem ?

6. roka

roka

No, this is not related

7. roka

roka

Chrome have push an update and the bug seem to be gone.

DavidWeng and AnkushWebzool like this.
  8. AnkushWebzool

AnkushWebzool

yes its gone

9. kyousuke0916

kyousuke0916

I would like to ask you on what platform you are experiencing this problem, Android or iOS or Computer version?