Search Unity

Caching.getcachedversions Always Returns Empty List After Upgrading From Unity2017.3 To Unity2018.3

Discussion in 'Asset Bundles' started by sca_stodt, Apr 10, 2019.

1. sca_stodt

sca_stodt

Hi!

I work with an app which downloads asset bundles from a server using UnityWebRequest. The app uses Caching.GetCachedVersions to check whether a given asset bundle is already cached and what is the cached version. After upgrading from Unity 2017.3 to Unity 2018.3, Caching.GetCachedVersions now seems to always return the empty list, even when the asset bundle is obviously cached (in particular, calling Caching.IsVersionCached with the correct version returns true). I couldn't find anything similar on google, is this a known issue? Is there any alternative way to get the cached versions?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2019
  2. FDMP

FDMP

Hi!

I can also confirm that the method Caching.ClearOtherCachedVersions(bundleName, hash128) returns true but it doesn't delete the cached files from disk using 2018.3.11f1.
    Let's see if Unity can provide us an answer.

Thanks.

3. FDMP

FDMP

4. MarinaJ

MarinaJ

Hello,

I have the same problem with unity 2019.2.20 and I don't understand the fix Unity provided.
    The method Caching.GetCachedVersions(CachedAssetBundle cachedAssetBundle) does not seem to exist and Caching.GetCachedVersions("bundlename", listOfCachedVersions) always returns an empty list.

What am I doing wrong ?

Thanks,

5. the3rdSequence

the3rdSequence

I have the same problem with unity 2021.3.2f1. Anyone found a solution?