Search Unity

Question CachedXMLHttpRequest not caching Asset Bundle requests anymore

Discussion in 'Web' started by thomasneuro, Feb 19, 2024.

1. thomasneuro

thomasneuro

Hi,

we recently realized that CachedXMLHttpRequest is not caching anymore. I believe it happened with update from Unity 2018 to Unity 2021 and already a while ago. When I checked the content of the IndexedDB there were a lot of old ones cached but after deleting the content the current version does not store anything anymore.

I searched a lot for this topic but somehow did not find proper solutions. I read CachedXMLHttpRequest is included in Unity since version 2019, but when I remove the added library and delete the IndexedDB entrance it is not created newly. When I readd the extension the folder in DB is created again but no requests are stored.

Im loading asset bundles with var request = UnityWebRequestAssetBundle.GetAssetBundle(path), so that should be fine from what I read.

Data Caching is enabled in the build settings, UnityCache - RequestStore caches the build files like expected.
    I really dont know whats going on with the asset bundles, I just also read that using UnityCache for them is not really recommended so I would like to get the old way working again.

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance

2. roka

roka

3. thomasneuro

thomasneuro

Hi,
    I was reading that topic already but I dont get any of the mentioned error messages.

To try it out, where would I need to change this: var UnityCacheDatabase = { name: "UnityCache", version: 3 }; to var UnityCacheDatabase = { name: "UnityCache1", version: 3 }; on the new indexedDB system Module.UnityCache.?

Im only working on the Unity part, so I dont know to much about the Frontend integration.
    Thanks