Search Unity

Cached Library issue

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by schmosef, Oct 5, 2014.

1. schmosef

schmosef

I had an issue where one of my build targets was failing with the log complaining about files that were no longer in my project.

I did a trivial commit to svn to trigger a new build and the build target that had failed now worked, but a different build target (one that previously worked) now failed, also complaining about those files.

I was able to get all three build targets to work simultaneously by unchecking the "library cache" in my project settings, then forcing a new build.

I then went back to the project settings to reenable that setting.

I understand why the library cache might get corrupted. It even happens to the Unity Editor itself.

Please consider adding a button somewhere in the UI where I can tell UCB to clear the current library cache (without having to toggle the library cache setting).

hypeNate likes this.
  2. David-Berger

David-Berger

Unity Technologies

This is not possible at the moment, but it would be handsome to have a better control over the library cache via a single button! I'll note the feature. Thanks for the feedback, and please keep it coming!

tigerleapgorge likes this.
  3. hypeNate

hypeNate

Unity Technologies

@schmosef - we just added a "Clean Build All" option to the Build button drop down menu (see attached):

cleanbuild.png

Using this option, your project will clear any cached data with UCB (assuming you are using that option) before starting the next build. You won't need to uncheck the cache-library box, etc. Let us know what you think!

schmosef likes this.
  4. schmosef

schmosef

Nice!

tigerleapgorge likes this.