Search Unity

1. Are you interested in providing feedback directly to Unity teams? Sign up to become a member of Unity Pulse, our new product feedback and research community.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Cache Server settings should be set per project and override user settings

Discussion in 'Cache Server' started by Xarbrough, Mar 10, 2020.

1. Xarbrough

Xarbrough

Why are the cache server settings a global user preference? I'm working on multiple projects with different editor version at the same time, so why do I have to select the cache server mode as a global preference and not per project? For example, with the newest projects I'd like to use Asset pipeline v2 and the new Accelerator connected to our build server, but with some legacy projects I need to stay at the old cache server and with even other projects I don't want a cache at all, because I only have them open on my machine and they don't need to clutter the cache.

Please keep the user preferences as a fallback or as a template for new projects, but let me override the settings per project! :)

joshcamas likes this.
  2. Xarbrough

Xarbrough

Apparently this is already implemented as of Unity 2019.3.3f1 and I overlooked it in the release notes:

upload_2020-3-19_11-6-52.png

There are global settings in the preferences and project specific settings in the Project Settings Editor tab.

I'm trying to keep up-to-date with all changes, but I repeatedly miss these feature announcements. Not sure if this is my fault for not reading the release notes carefully enough or if this information is simply missing or not presented well enough.

But anyway, great feature, I like the way we are going!

Lars-Steenhoff likes this.
unityunity