Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Cache server installation on CentOS

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by dkoontz, Mar 19, 2012.

1. dkoontz

dkoontz

I tried getting the cache server running on Linux but when running node I get the error:

Code (csharp):
    1. error while loading shared libraries: libssl.so.0.9.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
    I've tried installing the libssl package using yum, I've build a version of node downloaded from the node website and all give the same result. I see that there is a libssl.so.0.9.8 file distributed in the linux directory of the cache server distribution but the node executable seems to be ignoring it. Does the cache server directory need to exist in a specific location on the hard drive to work?

2. scone

scone

Hey there. That error just means that your install lacks the libssl precompiled binary. This is usually part of a larger library package which you can install automagically from you package manager!

On a Debian machine I was playing around with, "apt-get install ia32-libs" did the trick. I can now run the server by typing ./node in the linux/ folder.

Now if only I could get the right ports to forward... =\

3. dkoontz

dkoontz

I understand I'm missing some libraries, specifically the libssl library which I've built from source but that still isn't working. ia32-libs doesn't exist as part of yum on my linux flavor (CentOS) so I'm not sure what magical lib I can install to get the libssl files in the right place for node to find them. The bigger issue here is why is the version of node that comes with cache server not statically liked to avoid issues like this, it's insane to me that there's no docs or installation instructions and node isn't even working out of the box.

4. foobar

foobar

Any solution to this problem? I'm running into the same issue.

5. dkoontz

dkoontz

I did get cache server running. I was able to download and install node-v0.6.16. That version actually installed and ran and let me run the cache sever script. I installed the cache server to /opt/unity_cache_server

Then I found and modified an init.d script to start/stop the cache server as a service.

Hope this helps!

6. vrchewal

vrchewal

Thanks for the script to run cache server at startup. I was just about to write one myself.