Search Unity

c# inside a week

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by iamthwee, Dec 20, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iamthwee

iamthwee

Hi boys,

I wasn't sure where to put this, if it is in the wrong place can the mods move to the WIP section. This is going to be my attempt to learn as much as I can about c# inside a week, I already have two weeks experience with unity. I won't be using monodevelop, as I've uninstalled it now. All I will have in the unity API, local on my machine, and sublime text 2.Unity tutorials and unity answers.

Roadmap
    1. Keyboard and mouse sensors, movement, translation and rotation
    2. Collision detection and accessing all objects inside the scene, reload scene
    3. Playing sound, ray sensors, playing animations.
    4. Gui controls show text, set text, text colour, text positioning.
    5. Mouse look, first person and third person controllers.
    6. Consolidating all snippets into useful utility snippets for sublime.
    7. Figure out how the particle system can be controlled via script.

Wish me luck.

(If I get time I want to try and learn the confusing stuff like delegates and co-routines.) The following log is going to be progress updates etc.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2015
  2. Kiwasi

Kiwasi

Didn't we already do this? You've already had three weeks.

I would probably advise approaching this very differently. How much coding do you already know?

iamthwee likes this.
  3. iamthwee

iamthwee

This is specifically just coding, as I don't know hardly anything about c# (I'm in the process of learning google go, and know some python). But I'm a super fast learner, so I want to try and squeeze in as much coding knowledge as possible inside a week. I won't be using monodevelop or visual studio because it is too slow. Do you have any recommendations? I'm watching the tutorials on the scripting section.

There's going to be no fancy graphics just cubes and planes to help me learn to code.

Thanks

Last edited: Dec 20, 2015
  4. Jim_West

Jim_West

If you want to learn stuff, please do this on your own, your threads are getting childish ...

Fra123X and Kiwasi like this.
  5. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

We won't be doing the in-a-week thing on these forums. If you want to do it, link to a blog or youtube video as it's annoying and several people have expressed they don't want it.

Fra123X and Jim_West like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.