Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

C# editer failure

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by BlkFoxxy, Dec 5, 2020.

1. BlkFoxxy

BlkFoxxy

I am brand new to unity, I just downloaded it yesterday new, I was following a tutorial to try and get the lay of the land but when i try to get to a place where I can edit the c# it asks me "How do you want to open this file?" and gives me the option to pick an app and if I pick unity it just opens the hub and not a way to open the editor. Any advice to fix this issue?

I am using windows 10 and Unity 2019.4 from what I can tell it is the free personal version as this is my first venture into game building and I figured I will need practice first and foremost

Thank you for your time

2. Vryken

Vryken

Unity doesn't have an integrated code editor - you're typically supposed to check the "Visual Studio" option in the modules when you install it.
    Visual Studio Community Edition is the default editor that Unity supports, but there are others you can use as well.

3. BlkFoxxy

BlkFoxxy

Oh, based off what the tutorial said I was under the impression it should have downloaded when I downloaded with unity. That makes much more sense thank you so much

4. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

Unless you install Script Inspector 3, which I use and love.