Search Unity

(Bygone Fields) My Horror Game!

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Zoltoks, Jan 24, 2013.

1. Zoltoks

Zoltoks

Hey everybody I'm Zoltoks and I'm an aspiring game developer. I have played around a ton with Gamemaker Engine and have designed many 2d games, but since I've turned 17 i thought i should step up and make a 3d game. I watched a thread on the development of a horror game called "Slender" and found the Unity engine. The Unity Engine is perfect for me because its a mix of script and easy to use level editor! So without further ado here is a link to my horror game trailer! So here it is please comment with your youtube accounts. This is my first 3d game!

Trailer--http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6dSfee_Kkg

Screenshot Slide Show And Website--http://bygonefields.webs.com/

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
  2. Ethaninja

Ethaninja

Nothing better than a new artist who is keen ;) But perhaps you should post up some screenshots on this thread ;)
    Very nice looking game though ;D

3. aixaix

aixaix

More creepy environment and some puzzles... you'll have yourself a pretty creepy game...
    Good luck!

4. Zoltoks

Zoltoks

Thanks I will post some pics of other enviroments soon!

5. GeneBox

GeneBox

Looks pretty good, love that camera blur in the video!

6. wmgcata

wmgcata

By looking at the screenshots i'd say add some fog. The colour of the fog resembles the mood and atmosphere of the game!

Tim

7. The Ghost

The Ghost

Suspense is probably one of the most important things, and fear factor.

8. Zoltoks

Zoltoks

yes but how can i do this better lol!

9. login4donald

login4donald

Many ways, depends on what you want to invoke such as insecurity, lack of safety, uselessness, and alone with darkness.

10. Jackjan

Jackjan

You can scare by creating an atmosphere in which the player feels uncomfortable. A location nobody wants to be. ( An old hospital, a dark forest)
    Sound is very important too. No one is scared if he does not hear anything. Good sounds are rattling leaves or dripping water. You have to create a atmosphere that the player would not expect.

For example: Slender | The player is alone. Hes in a dark forest. He doesn't know what he can do to survive. The music is very scary and you concentrate on the mission (find all pages) and then he comes! You didn't expected him. This is what Slender makes scary.

Hopefully you undersand what i mean. My english is not the best (I'm from germany ;) )

11. Alex Cruba

Alex Cruba

I think your english is good enough. ;)

It's cool to shock in the right moment. I remember this film with man fighting agains a rat. I saw that film maybe 10 times, but ther's one scene and everytime I miss that special shocking moment. It's timing is so brilliant you can't say here it comes, doesn't matter knowing the film.

12. Ben-Massey

Ben-Massey

If you make a slender game i will kill you (not a legitimate threat).

Try something realistic maybe? I recently started a project in the horror/simulation genre http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/165779-Stranded-Deep
    Think of something that really freaks you out, not hard to do.

13. JamesLeeNZ

JamesLeeNZ

go read about peoples nightmares and see what actually scares them

go watch some scary movies and pick out the best stuff