Search Unity

by popular demand

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by rouhee, Aug 13, 2011.

1. rouhee

rouhee

it's been long time since I posted something in here. How are You all been?

My email is stuffed with requests about the Rouhee - Games tools, as I took them away from the site.

Well here they are again:

http://www.rouheegames.com/primitivepaint/
    http://www.rouheegames.com/FTB/
    http://www.rouheegames.com/turbobones/

And they are all free. How ever, if You find them useful, please consider donation!

I got few new ones, but let's see if I'm willing to share them, because the lack of donations last time. Over 5000 downloads and zero donations.

Now please stop sending those requests to my email!!!

2. herpderpy

herpderpy

I'll be checking out your stuff :D

Thing is, when developing free software you have to go into it with the frame of mind that you will NOT make any money or donations from it. If you do this, not only does it surprise you when you do get a donation, but even if you don't, you still don't get that upset. You should just be happy that you got 5k downloads!

3. dr.steam

dr.steam

LOL. Some encouragement but probably true. I got 18k downloads on my teeth and some happy dude told me I corrupted his XSI.

Link

EDIT: I just checked out your primitive painter and it's good. Kind of like Scatter of PF but controllable. Thanks!

Last edited: Aug 13, 2011
  4. rouhee

rouhee

Me upset? You should have seen some emails I got from people after I took these away from my site. They were absolutely pissed.

I'm NOT making money with this NOR am'I trying to make money with them. I live 100% with just 'thanks'. I'm just happy that people have found these useful and to hear where thay have used them. I don't give damn how many downloads I got.

5. dr.steam

dr.steam

Don't worry dude. We appreciate your work. And if you tried I wouldn't blame you. People make money in mysterious ways (and yours is an honest one. Click trucks in my signature and you'll understand.

6. rouhee

rouhee

7. justinlloyd

justinlloyd

I always make free software with the purpose of getting a new job. Great way to make money indirectly "Oh! You're that guy that wrote tool XYZ! We use that every day. You're hired!" Never expect to make direct income on a free project. :)

8. dr.steam

dr.steam

It happened to me also! My manager and work colleague got promoted thanks to me.

9. Doddler

Doddler

Those procedural tutorials are really nice, thanks. :)