Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Buttons Work on One System, but not Another

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by Stiz, Aug 3, 2023.

1. Stiz

Stiz

I have a project that has a main menu scene, a Canvas (which is prefabbed), and some buttons to start the game/quit. On my machine, the buttons work 100% fine, responding to clicks and whatnot. When I share this exact same project w/ no changes w/ someone else, the buttons stop responding to input.

As far as I can tell, the buttons work fine on other machines: it's just this one particular machine they don't work on. Does anyone know what could be causing this? As I said: the UI works just fine on everything but this machine, so it's not a missing Event System/raycaster/blockage issue.

Thanks much!

2. karliss_coldwild

karliss_coldwild

Does the problematic machine have a screen setup that differs from others? Maybe multiple monitors or high dpi screen, desktop scaling settings?

Within ~last year there were a couple of bugs on Unity for Windows and Linux causing mouse events not work on part of screen for specific combinations of screen sizes and positioning.