Search Unity

Button 'On Over' text popup with VR laser?

Discussion in 'VR' started by conan222, May 18, 2019.

1. conan222

conan222

Hi.

I have a scene with three buttons and each button has it's own image / sprite of an animal as the source image. I've set them up so that when you click on the buttons a canvas opens with scrolling text showing info about that animal which works great but what I'd really like to do is show some sort of tooltip text when the laser first hits the button. I know you can set the highlighted and pressed colour but no settings for adding a 'on over' text.

Just need to add the text 'Cat' , 'Dog', 'Horse' etc.

I can't seem to find any tutorials on creating a tooltop / text when you move the laser over an object so could anyone please give me some advice on how to set it up?

I'm using Unity 2018.3.3f1 (64-bit) making the apk for the Oculus Go / Gear VR

Thanks for your time.

Andrew

2. conan222

conan222

Well...... I'm positive people know the answer to my post but don't wish to share so any other beginners out there that need help with tooltips just head over and purchase this from the asset store for $5.00

Modern UI Pack

It's just a case of dragging and dropping the preferred tool tip onto your scene, changing the trigger size box and of course the text to display. It uses TextMesh Pro so you can go crazy on the style / look of your Tooltip to match your own. Simple.

Also the pack contains probably all the other UI items you'd ever need at some point in a project so will save you hours.

:D:D