Search Unity

Question Button Interaction Issue in Multi-Screen Mode

Discussion in 'Immediate Mode GUI (IMGUI)' started by Yanshou517, Jan 12, 2024.

1. Yanshou517

Yanshou517

Hello Unity community,

I am encountering a challenge with the interaction of UI elements in my VR game, and I'm seeking guidance on resolving the issue.

I have two canvases, referred to as Canvas1 and Canvas2, each housing a fullscreen UI. Both canvases are set to "Screen Space - Camera" render mode, with Render Cameras assigned as Camera1 and Camera2. Additionally, Camera1 is linked to Target Display "display1," and Camera2 is linked to Target Display "display2."

During editing and playtesting in the Unity editor, UI elements such as buttons and dropdowns on both canvases function as intended. However, after building the project, buttons on Canvas2 become unresponsive, displaying only a highlight without any interaction.

I've attempted various solutions, such as deleting or disabling the GraphicRaycaster. However, these approaches are not suitable for my case, as I require both screens to be clickable.

Moreover, I am uncertain whether this issue is related to the fact that this project is a VR game, where this setup serves as a monitoring mode.

Furthermore, the RawImage object used for the mini-map monitoring even disappears after building.

Could anyone provide guidance on how to configure my project to restore interactivity on Canvas2 after building, without compromising the VR gameplay? Your assistance is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2024
  2. Yanshou517

Yanshou517

Oh, I've identified an issue. In fact, the UI of all my canvases loses click functionality after being built.