Search Unity

Button animation at 0 timeScale?

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by RyuMaster, Oct 5, 2014.

1. RyuMaster

RyuMaster

Is there a way to play button animation, when timeScale is set to 0? This made sense for mecanim, but for GUI its common to have it displayed, while game is paused, so I thought maybe there is build-in logic for this?

2. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

While the answer is likely "no", you should probably not use timeScale to pause the game since, as you've figured out, that keeps the player from interacting with menus etc.

Instead of using timeScale, move the speed of all gameObjects to zero.

3. RyuMaster

RyuMaster

Hmmm, thank you, maybe I should move to some custom time management class, white it is not too late.

4. rakkarage

rakkarage

5. RyuMaster

RyuMaster

0_0 Oh, wow.

6. JAKJ

JAKJ

Also, as stated by Unity (unless I am remembering incorrectly), setting timescale to 0 is pretty much the official and intended way to pause your game, which is why they consider it a bug if the UI doesn't work with unscaled time.

StarManta and superpig like this.
  7. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

I don't think this is the case. When timescale is set to zero, input isn't registered. When I first tried to do a pause system i used it and quickly realized it doesn't work for pausing.

8. infinitypbr

infinitypbr

It would be nice, however, if there was a special pause class that we could use.

9. JAKJ

JAKJ

They have made it clear it is supposed to work while paused, and they have asked people to post bugs when it doesn't. So you should submit a bug report with a repro-project if you can get input to stop functioning with timescale 0.

10. RyuMaster

RyuMaster

<So you should submit a bug report with a repro-project if you can get input to stop functioning with timescale 0.>
    It happens for the "Animator" attached to the button only, and so it makes total sense to me now, its not a bug, as animator has 'unscaled time' option.

GarthSmith likes this.
  11. ISL270

ISL270

thaaanks alot

12. malhardevasthali007

malhardevasthali007

hey buddy thanks a lot first of all, but I just have one problem, it works totally fine but navigation is not proper when we use Unscaled Time. Means I prefer to set navigation to None so that I will be neet and clean transitions from Highlighted to normal or vice versa, is there any way to fix this?