Search Unity

Bust version, which to chose?

Discussion in 'Burst' started by laurentlavigne, Mar 12, 2021.

1. laurentlavigne

laurentlavigne

What's absolutely phenomenal about Burst is that it works with old versions of Unity! Which is what I'll use for the next project. Also amazing is the pace of improvement, changelog that detailed and long are great to see.
    I'm currently using 1.4.3, in 1.4.4 something broke so I'm wondering if there are versions of burst that are more stable than others.
    Any log that's in a spreadsheet format? It'd be nice to see at a glance versions with desirable features vs "known issues" or "unique bug case tracked"

2. sheredom

sheredom

Unity Technologies

I mean we try as much as is testably possible to never regress Burst firstly - we do make mistakes though. The most important thing for us is that if you hit an issue you:

• Try updating to the latest point release - if 1.4.4 is broke and we've shipped 1.4.5, then it might be that we've already fixed any regressions.
    • If not, please file a bug! Our users are so awesome in keeping Burst great.
    We only support the major/minor version of Burst. So at present we've just released Burst 1.5.0, and any future fixes to Burst will be in 1.5.0 only.

DreamingImLatios likes this.