Search Unity

1. Welcome to the Unity Forums! Please take the time to read our Code of Conduct here to familiarize yourself with the rules and how to post constructively.

2. Unity 2022.1 is now available as the latest Tech release.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Improve your project's performance with our new guide on profiling in Unity.
    Dismiss Notice

BusiSim Design and Create economic (City-Building) games

Discussion in 'Assets and Asset Store' started by CitrusDev, Sep 1, 2014.

1. CitrusDev

CitrusDev

Hi every one,
    ever wanted to create a economic game like settlers ? Let me show BusiSim, an asset to create economic games in hours.
    ( its not yed in the asset store )

BusiSim_logo_200_258.png

The Framework provides
    • · Event handling driven actions
    • · One main thread for all buildings
    • · Different grades to handle variable stage of expansion
    • · Optional user interaction after a building finished its product
    • · Different buildings levels (up to 7 ) with diverse resources and values
    • · Variable subtraction / adding values in favour of connected resources
    • · Building states : creation, upgrading, destruction , consumption, production , pause
    • · Prefab with defined scheduler, building menu and resources list
    • · Simple connect all visible resources and buildings to the Framework by Unity Inspector
    • · Basic scripts for user input
    • · Optional player interaction after creating resources
    Just define resources and buildings, connect and specify consumption, production rate with the provided GUI. After your basics were modelled, just hit generate, c# - code is generated and your economic simulation game is good to go.
    BusiSim was designed with MVC in mind, this means, you have a strict separation in

• · model (BusiSim_Holder)
    • · view ( this is your part ;) or see the example )
    • · controller (BusiSim_MainSheduler)

All you need is to add a prefab to your scene, refer to your visual representation of resources and buildings and .. that’s it.

BusiSim uses one Thread to handle all buildings states. The advantage is, it’s also suitable for mobile devices. All other occurrences are driven by event.
    The Framework uses a virtual value to run updates, the tick. This means you are not bounded on a real dimension and you can define how fast / slow the refresh rate is. Also all buildings have its own ticks to descript in what time each process like creation / consumption / producing / destroying or upgrading will be executed.
    Handle user interaction with provided example scripts is included

See the example in action

The Framework
    ablauf_beschreibung.png
    Modeling
    ablauf_beschreibung_model.png
    Creating
    ablauf_beschreibung_in_game.png

For quenstions, please feel free to contact me

2. MyIsaak

MyIsaak

This is amazing. I'm so impressed how detailed you've gone into this. I'm studying economics and I was wondering what variables and what formula did you use for calculating demand( or consumption).

3. CitrusDev

CitrusDev

Hi Mylsaak,
    thanks for your reply.

To simulate "real" economic one has to use ODEs (some solvers : Euler or RK4 ).

Actually this framework is just for games no ODEs are used. Anyway the designer decide what kind of connection one will model, means, for all states ( comsumption / production / what ever ) one or more ressource(s) value(s) can be added or / and ( both is possible ) removed

please see the Model - image

ablauf_beschreibung_model.png

4. saximaphone

saximaphone

Looks very interesting. I will definitely try it when you release a demo or something.

5. Nashet

Nashet

6. DenizYurur

DenizYurur

Hi when i'm trying to add this product into my shopping list Asset Strore warns that this system is made for Unity 3. Can i i still use this system in Unity 5. I'm not an Unity expert so if i get some error in scripts it will be so hard for me to fix them in C#.

And can i look at the user guide before i buy the product? Because i want to be sure that my Unity knowledge is enough to use the system.

7. rmorph

rmorph

I'm looking to put together an economy - basically trading between planets. This asset looks promising but it is very old without updates. Is it still supported? Does it work?

unityunity