Search Unity

Burst - Unexpected exception Burst.Compiler.IL.Aot.AotLinkerException

Discussion in 'Burst' started by brettj, May 27, 2020.

1. brettj

brettj

I'm getting some errors upon loading the Editor on Windows. They do not appear on Mac, where I work primarily.

I'm also unable to build on Windows because of them. Again, everything is fine on Mac with the same code and Unity version.

Here's my editor log, which includes the error on load and a failed build.

Luckily, since cross compilation was added to Burst, I can still make a Mono Windows build from Mac, but I'd prefer IL2CPP ideally. And I figure I can't be the only one with this problem, right?

Attached Files:

2. brettj

brettj

So today I tried a fresh Unity 2019.3.15 install on MacOS 10.15. Using Burst 1.3.0. I have Xcode command line installed as required.

When I open my existing project. I got very similar errors related to Burst. The first one read:
    Failed to write file '/Users/brettjohnson/Documents/Stealth%20Adventure/Temp/Burst/burst-aotjg5trk0d.99a/ef5397d3592ce563712b567530d6896b.bundle': No such file or directory

While compiling job: System.Int32 Unity.Burst.Intrinsics.X86::DoGetCSRTrampoline()
    at <empty>:line 0
    (Filename: Line: 0)

I've attached my full editor log.

What's going on here?

Attached Files:

3. Lee_Hammerton

Lee_Hammerton

Unity Technologies

Hi, this looks like a possible permissions issue, could you repeat the error and then perform an `ls -lha` from a terminal on the folder shown in the error, e.g. for the above :

ls -lha /Users/brettjohnson/Documents/Stealth%20Adventure/Temp/Burst/burst-aotjg5trk0d.99a/

and paste back the results.

4. Lee_Hammerton

Lee_Hammerton

Unity Technologies

I've managed to reproduce this locally, it would seem to be an issue with having %20 in the path (could you rename your project folder (with unity closed) to "Stealth Adventure" or "StealthAdventure" which should resolve the issue. We will look at fixing this in a future version of burst.

5. brettj

brettj

That fixed it! I pulled a repo down and didn't even question it. Clearly I didn't realize what trouble spaces can be so many years ago when I created the project.

Thanks a ton!

Ishidres and Lee_Hammerton like this.