Search Unity

Bug Burst Occlusion is in broken state

Discussion in 'Graphics for ECS' started by Rukhanka, May 15, 2023.

1. Rukhanka

Rukhanka

I am experimenting with burst occlusion feature, but it is not working from the box. The simplest freshly created HDRP project with a trivial setup (one occluder, one occludee) spits out error messages to the console:
    There is no source code for the NativeArray class, so I cannot understand the source of this issue. But I have replaced NativeArray with NativeList in the corresponding EntitesGraphics source files, and everything become fixed.

2. IsaacsUnity

IsaacsUnity

Unity Technologies

Hey Rukhanka, thanks for flagging this. Please note that Burst Occlusion Culling is an experimental feature and we do not support it for production. That said, our teams are aware of this and are sifting through a plan to resolve related Burst Occlusion Culling bugs and issues. We'll share back when there's progress!

Side note: Congrats on the amazing ECS animation package, it's great stuff!!

Rukhanka likes this.
  3. Rukhanka

Rukhanka

Thank you for the information.

Oh. Thank you very much :)

4. Yury-Habets

Yury-Habets

Unity Technologies

5. Rukhanka

Rukhanka

Thank you for the information. I have an exception spamming with and without burst enabled state. Changing clippedVerts and clippedTriExtents arrays types from NativeArray to NativeList in UnityOcclusion.cs (and corresponding further job definitions) removes any exceptions and put burst occlusion feature in working state.

apkdev and eggsamurai like this.