Search Unity

Burst not working in Beta 8

Discussion in 'Burst' started by LennartJohansen, Jun 17, 2018.

1. LennartJohansen

LennartJohansen

Hi.

I just upgraded from beta 7 to beta 8 and my jobs does not seem to compile with burst anymore. They still run, only slow and the (burst) info is missing in the timeline profiler.

Anyone else have this problem?

Also in the Jobs menu all selections is unchecked. Use Burst Jobs, Enable Burst Compiler etc. It did nothing enabling this...

Lennart

2. Joachim_Ante

Joachim_Ante

Unity Technologies

In 18.2 beta 8? There has been a regression in the menu system, a fix is coming for the 18.2 beta soon.

3. LennartJohansen

LennartJohansen

yes. 2018.2 beta 8.

Great a fix is on the way :)

4. tertle

tertle

I noticed this as well. It was working for a little while then suddenly stopped. It took me a while to figure out why my FPS had dropped from 300 to 60fps.

I also can't build (at least for windows) in beta8, burst package throws an exception saying it can't find Unity.Cecil - not sure if related.

5. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

It somehow seemed like you got burst enabled by disabling it on beta 8. On beta 9 however all menu entries for burst are unchecked by default and enable entry is bugged (you need to set it twice to get it checked) and even when you get everything enabled, it doesn't actually do anything.

6. xoofx

xoofx

Unity Technologies

Yes, that's a bug that were introduced recently (don't know on which version) via a fix - not related to burst - that actually introduced a regression on all menu entries, not only for burst. The fix of the fix just got merged yesterday for the next 2018.2, so hopefully it should come with 2018.2 beta 10

rz_0lento likes this.
  7. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

Just wanted to confirm that fix in beta 10 makes burst work like it used to on earlier betas (so it works now as expected in the editor).

xoofx likes this.