Search Unity

Burst is failing during cloud build (works locally)

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by isaac-ashdown, Jul 31, 2019.

1. isaac-ashdown

isaac-ashdown

Hello,
    I'm having an issue whereby my unity cloud builds are failing due to burst. I don't have the same issue when i build locally. I've noticed the attached burst failures in the unity cloud build log.

I'm using 2019.2.0f1.

Attached Files:

2. isaac-ashdown

isaac-ashdown

3. ollieblanks

ollieblanks

Unity Technologies

Hi @isaac-ashdown,

I have reviewed your related post in the DOTS forum where it is mentioned that the burst compiler does not support cross-compilation. It was also pointed out Cloud Build does not currently use Windows based machines, so unfortunately, is unable to support this configuration at this time. The Cloud Build team have been working hard to bring Windows build machines to Cloud Build (mainly for Windows IL2CPP support) but this appears to be another very good reason!

So, I can assure you that this will be supported in the near future, It is about to enter the internal testing phases with expected customer beta testing later this fall.

Hope this helps!

astropuffin likes this.
  4. isaac-ashdown

isaac-ashdown

Thanks for the reply, @ollieblanks . It does seem rather strange that it's not supported now, as I've been using burst for a while and was able to build using cloud build with 2018.3. But perhaps it was just failing silently and I didn't notice.

5. Maverick

Maverick

Hello,

It's still failing. Any news about it, @ollieblanks ?

6. Lee_Hammerton

Lee_Hammerton

Unity Technologies

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
    MihaPro_CarX likes this.
  7. team_unity373

team_unity373

Hello Unity Tech, @Lee_Hammerton and @ollieblanks I just received the same error, however I am able to build locally

Code (CSharp):
    1. BuildFailedException: Burst compiler (1.1.1) failed running stdout: An unexpected exception occurred: stderr: Error while executing command: /opt/workspace/workspace/

Any update on this or a way to fix it?

Thank you

8. sheredom

sheredom

Unity Technologies

Burst 1.1.1 is a really old build of the compiler that doesn't have support for this, you need to update to the latest available (1.5.3 at present).

9. JHSV

JHSV

Is this cloud build error message related to this issue? Caused the build to fail. I had just added the Burst package Version 1.5.3 because the Collections package version 1.0.0-pre.3 depends on it. I'm using Unity 2021.1.0f1.

fatal error: file not in an order that can be processed (code signature data out of place):...MyApp.app/Contents/PlugIns/lib_burst_generated.bundle (for architecture x86_64)

10. JHSV

JHSV

Confirmed. When I removed Collections and Burst packages, the cloud build worked for Mac.