Search Unity

Burst compiler not removed properly (unity build to XCode)

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by miscanadian, Dec 12, 2020.

1. miscanadian

miscanadian

Long story, but we had Burst package installed into the project. Unfortunately, we did not know that IL2CPP for ios causes crashing on iphones with burst compiler.

So I uninstalled burst on my computer and saw that the crashing was fixed on ios. The other project members also removed burst. (also whenever it's removed, unity crashes and then you need to delete the library folder). Have had multiple successful builds since.

We are using github and deleting packages doesn't always carry over. But somehow burst has snuck a reference back into the project that only causes an error in XCode.

Error:
    clang error: No such file or directory: '[File Directory]/Libraries/lib_burst_generated.cpp'

I have tried reinstalling Burst. Same issue.
    Then disabling burst compilation. Same issue.
    Deleted library. Same issue.
    Resetting packages to default and then reinstalling the ones we need without burst. Same issue
    Making a new project with the assets and installing packages I need without burst. It comes over through that folder, but I don't know where. Same issue.
    Making the project a package and putting it into a new project. Same issue
    Edit: also tried to reclone. Same issue

I need help as soon as possible.

Edit: none of the other builds even have that cpp file. I have no idea how to fix this...

Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
  2. miscanadian

miscanadian

So apparently checking development build fixes this issue? But that is extremely unhelpful since a development build cannot be on the app store.

3. miscanadian

miscanadian

Ah hah, symlink the build avoid this error. Seems there is something going wrong when building without the symlink.

4. modernator24

modernator24

Same issue here. May I ask how did you solve it? Since I added the Burst package, XCode failed to build so I decided to remove it. But even it's removed, the same error appears and can't do anything.

5. scrant

scrant

Bump. Same problem here. How was this fixed exactly?!