Search Unity

Burst compiler (1.1.2) failed running

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by alsharefeeee, Nov 28, 2019.

1. alsharefeeee

alsharefeeee

Hello eveyone,
    I am trying out DOTS and Hypird renderer and when building the project I get this, which cause the build to fail.

BuildFailedException: Burst compiler (1.1.2) failed running
    stdout:
    Unable to load response file `C:\Users\username. Reason: Could not find file 'C:\Users\username'.`
    Usage: bcl.exe [options]
    bcl.exe --platform=<platform> --assembly=<PathToAssembly.dll_or_exe> --type=<TypeName>
    bcl.exe --platform=<platform> --assembly-folder=<path1;path2> --method=<FullMethodName[--MethodHash];method2>

Is this happening because my user folder name has a space in the middle? If it is, I can't change that now, so maybe there is another solution.

Thanks.

2. rmon222

rmon222

I'm getting the exact same error with 2019.3.0b11. I'm not even using DOTS, just Jobs and Burst.
    EDIT: I updated both in package manager and the problem went away.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2019
  3. alsharefeeee

alsharefeeee

Hmm...Let my try that, thanks.

4. patrickreece

patrickreece

I am getting this error. I have reinstalled Burst but that didn't help. I am not using the Jobs package.

5. Lee_Hammerton

Lee_Hammerton

Unity Technologies

Burst 1.1.2 contained a bug that means paths to temporary folders, or projects, containing spaces would fail with an error similar to above.
    Please try latest preview version of 1.2.0 which should fix those issues and many more (see https://forum.unity.com/threads/burst-new-release-1-2-0-preview-10-we-need-your-feedback.789473/) for more information. If you cannot see this release, please ensure show preview packages is ticked in the editor, and please also check that you aren't still using the staging repository which is no longer supported.

6. patrickreece

patrickreece

That worked, thank you!

7. sonicdesordre

sonicdesordre

I can't pass the Burstv1.6.5 compiler error ( trying to build export my project from Unity 2021.3.2f1 to Visual Studio 2022 UWP ).
    I have installed all the addons of Visual Studio 2022. The project works fine on the Unity editor. In my case the Burst package is a dependency of the Universal RP package. So whenever I install Universal RP package (which I have to ) , I cannot build export the project anymore.

Below I have attached the error output, I appreciate your help, really stuck here.

bursterror.jpg

8. Deleted User

Deleted User

I'm in the same boat as sonicdesordre
    I hope a solution is found soon

sonicdesordre likes this.