Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Burst breaks collision.

Discussion in 'Physics for ECS' started by emelrad12, Mar 25, 2020.

1. emelrad12

emelrad12

So basically in this link is all that is my example.
    https://i.imgur.com/oVrf2ad.gif

It seems to break when there are more objects like more than 3-6(unsure where it breaks) on the plane. Works with burst and 3 objects but as soon more hit it they all break. Also, I noticed some slight vibrations in the position even when they are standing on the plane. I assume some broken floats. Or maybe I misconfigured burst somewhere somehow?

edit: On an unrelated note, can I convert with a build-in function mesh to mesh collider?

Thanks!

2. sheredom

sheredom

Unity Technologies

Hey @emelrad12 - can you try updating to the latest preview.8?

There was a bug in 1.3.0 that the physics folk here noticed recently that produced results very similar to what you are seeing.

So if you could update to .8, restart editor, and try again, I think that should work for you!

Sorry for the bug, it took me a while to find it it was soooo subtle!

3. emelrad12

emelrad12

By .8 you mean Burst 1.3.0-preview.8 ? If so then that doesn't seem to have fixed the issue.
    Here are my packages https://pastebin.com/FapbmYeP .
    If you have a working configuration please share it.
    Thanks!

4. sheredom

sheredom

Unity Technologies

Can you provide us with a project with the repro please? I need to have a look at it in more depth.

5. emelrad12

emelrad12

Here is a link to the repo in the folder sp3

git clone https://bitbucket.org/emelrad12/omnirepo.git

Just start it and zoom to 0,0,0 and there should be a ship, with no burst all shells should bounce, with burst 50/50% to go like a ghost. You can also stack 10 boxes on a plane and watch.

sheredom likes this.
  6. sheredom

sheredom

Unity Technologies

So I pulled the scene, fought through a million missing packages, and then opened the only scene in the project, and there are no objects that I can tell apart from the water?

cultureulterior likes this.
  7. emelrad12

emelrad12

There should be entities, at least one at 0,0,0, did you get errors in the console? Anyway like I said try stacking 20 boxes on top of a plane(boxes and plane must be ecs) and see the difference between burst and non-burst.

Edit: You also need to run the game to generate them. And there shouldn't be missing packages. I need to test on my second pc to see if all the files that should be in git are in git.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020