Search Unity

Burst AOT - no lib_burst_generated.pdb in release build

Discussion in 'Burst' started by mkracik, Jan 21, 2020.

1. mkracik

mkracik

In Dev build I have lib_burst_generated.pdb along with lib_burst_generated.dll in Plugins directory but in Release build it's not there (it's not in Library\PlayerDataCache\Win64\Data\Plugins\ either). I have "Copy PDB files" checked in Build Settings and there are .pdb files for other DLLs. How can I get symbols for Burst code in release build? I have Unity 2019.3.0f5, Burst 1.2.0 (not preview).

CarXdev likes this.
  2. CarXdev

CarXdev

Hey guys, any update on this? We encountering same issue

3. mkracik

mkracik

4. xoofx

xoofx

Unity Technologies

Currently, you need to check "Development Build" to get PDBs, they are not generated otherwise (it's not a Burst issue but the way existing PDB for assemblies are generated)

We will introduce a future version of Burst a new player settings to have Burst PDBs/debug symbols generated without having necessarily a development build.

mkracik likes this.
  5. Chaosed0

Chaosed0

Hi, was this work ever done? We're hoping to get an easier route to debugging in our playtests without building with the full development mode.

6. Lee_Hammerton

Lee_Hammerton

Unity Technologies

Hi,

We added a setting a while back to allow you to force debug information to be generated in builds (Force Debug Information) : This should do exactly what you are requesting.

upload_2021-7-30_6-50-56.png

Chaosed0 likes this.