Search Unity

Burst - Android - x86 & x86_64

Discussion in 'Burst' started by Daryl_1, Jul 14, 2022.

1. Daryl_1

Daryl_1

Hello,

We're using Unity 2020.3.34f1.

I'm currently trying to create Android/Chrome OS specific build for our game and I noticed the burst libs aren't being copied to stagingarea/tempburst (it also displays a unity error for this) when using the target Architectures x86 and x86_64.

I looked into the burst package code (1.6.6):

BurstAotCompiler.cs:

#if !UNITY_2019_2_OR_NEWER
    if (AndroidHasX86(androidTargetArch))
    {
    combinations.Add(new BurstOutputCombination("tempburstlibs/x86", new TargetCpus(BurstTargetCpu.X86_SSE2)));
    }
    #endif
    #if UNITY_2021_2_OR_NEWER
    if (AndroidHasX86(androidTargetArch))
    {
    combinations.Add(new BurstOutputCombination("tempburstlibs/x86", new TargetCpus(BurstTargetCpu.X86_SSE4)));
    }
    if (AndroidHasX86_64(androidTargetArch))
    {
    combinations.Add(new BurstOutputCombination("tempburstlibs/x86_64", new TargetCpus(BurstTargetCpu.X64_SSE4)));
    }
    #endif

It appears that burst is currently only supported on x86 and x86_64 with unity 2021.2+.

Is there a specific reason for this, ie. is it correct?
    What would be worst case if I were to manually change this and let it copy the libs?
    Will the code still work fine, it just won't be burst compiled? (asking due to the error about tempburst)

Thanks!

2. xiaolongchase

xiaolongchase

I have the same problem

3. CheeryLee

CheeryLee

+1
    The problem still persists in modern versions of Burst.
    I can't see any reasons why they decided to do that. Either there is a problem after 2019.3+ (surprisingly no support for 2019 LTS too) until 2021 LTS that we don't know or this is maybe a simple not debugged typo.