Search Unity

1. Unity 6 Preview is now available. To find out what's new, have a look at our Unity 6 Preview blog post.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity is excited to announce that we will be collaborating with TheXPlace for a summer game jam from June 13 - June 19. Learn more.
    Dismiss Notice

"Bundle" - Horror Genre, my first project...

Discussion in 'Works In Progress - Archive' started by Bundle, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Bundle

Bundle

I am new to game developing and Unity... So yes, a complete noob! But a real fast learner and I know that my dreams are finally gonna come true with Unity! After years of creating music, and levels in games with their in-game editors... Heh... I've finally found 'Unity', wait, it is FREE right? I'm not gonna get hit with the "30 days up" notification... Am I? I sure hope not...

Anyway, now... it's time... Time that I actually made something truely awesome!

So, I've already spent about two weeks coming up with ideas for a "Slender Man" game... Only to find out that it's not only been done before, but done about a MILLION times before, heh... The thing is, I've done my research, being a researcher of the "unknown" for about 16 years, and I found SO MANY things I can use in the game, items to use, things to see, things to do, things to run from, not only Slender but the myth tells of "Others" that are seemingly connected to him in some ways... The Page thing was only made for the game, there is nothing about the Pages in any of the tales, but I loved that idea! It's a shame because I was going to use that idea to my advantage...

So, after deciding that Slender Man is now slightly over done, I might have to come up with something entirely different...

Or, after doing the research, and finding some completely awesome and brand new ideas within the insanity of my mind, I might just carry on with my version... The title of this... version... would be "Bundle" (The name Bundle is another name for the Slender Man.) But, the ideas would be classified top secret, as I know for sure they have not been done as yet...

I'm planning on spending a heck of a lot of time on my game, be it Bundle or something else, and except if a 30 day trial end pops up out of the blue... All of my spare time can be devoted to this project... I'm just not sure if I should carry on with my idea, or make something new up...

I know I'll need way too much advice ;)

Thanks!

2. Livvy

Livvy

You will get a lot of people comment on how you "should NOT" make a slender game. Ignore those and create your game how you want.

It will be a learning curve plus you may actually make a better game anyway.

Unity is FREE and you can release commercial games with the free version. There is a pro version which has some pretty decent extra's but nothing you should really worry about until the future. Be sure there will be no nasty surprise after 30 days haha

Anyway good luck with your project and if you need any help, I currently have some free time and will gladly assist you anyway I can.

3. Bundle

Bundle

Thankings to you, Livvy! I am indeed looking to get a team together one day, but any assistances will be greatly appreciated and perhaps rewarded with my own assistance... hehehe!

I am aware that the Slender Man is slightly cliche and copyrighted and probably a lame idea in ways, or maybe a lazy one? But, my ideas are possible with Unity, thank god it's free, that's simply awesome really! But yeah, I have different ways of showing off 'Bundles' "skills" and I know it'll make for a great game, not just a run in any direction and find a page type of game...

I have much horror experience, I'd say 20 years, seen millions of horror films and it's probably filled my mind with some strange stuff, but it can be used wisely... lol.

Thanks for the reply, and indeed the Luck! I will need it! And I will also search for your assistance when I eventually start the shenanigans! groovy.

Edited to add: I'll start a fresh new game. Makes more sense heh!

Last edited: Mar 16, 2013