Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Bug Bunch of errors and warnings when building [HELP]

Discussion in 'Visual Scripting' started by N04H08, Mar 7, 2022.

1. N04H08

N04H08

When I try to build for webgl then run it these errors appear in the console and no visual scripting runs at all, I've tried different version engines deleting library, these problems might come from IL2CPP, I need help if anyone knows how to please do.

I have already submitted a bug report :1402528
    But after nearly a month still no news.

Capture d’écran 2022-03-07 141434.jpg Capture d’écran 2022-03-07 141417.jpg

2. marcuslelus

marcuslelus

Just to know, which version of UVS are you using? 1.7.7 seems to have a lot of bugs with IL2CPP / AOT, and reverting back to 1.7.6 doesn't seem to be a good option either... We need an update ASAP.

N04H08 likes this.
  3. jeanedouard_unity

jeanedouard_unity

Unity Technologies

Hi, we are aware of some IL2CPP build issues that will be fixed in the next patch version. Do you know if this bug is a regression? Can you reproduce in 1.7.6? Did you try to reproduce with AssetStore version of VisualScripting (Bolt).

Did you experienced more issues with IL2CPP builds in 1.7.7 than in previous versions?

4. N04H08

N04H08

Yes I used version 1.7.7 of UVS the only solution for now was to revert to unity version 2021.1.25f1 which was quite a pain to get working while downgrading. Hope next update will fix these issues once and for all.

marcuslelus likes this.
  5. jeanedouard_unity

jeanedouard_unity

Unity Technologies

So because you reverted Unity back to 2021.1.25f1 does it mean you now use VS 1.6.1? And does it fix your issue without changing anything in your graphs?

N04H08 and marcuslelus like this.
  6. marcuslelus

marcuslelus

More or less, it's hard to say, I can make some test tonight. I just thought you may have an idea on what's causing the issue, but if you don't, I can drop an exhaustive list of test I did, bug I encountered and how to reproduce. It's just a bit harder to do the same when reporting a bug cuz you need a whole working project.

N04H08 likes this.
  7. N04H08

N04H08

That's right I've just checked and the project is using version 1.6.1 of VS I didn't change anything in my graphs just downgraded all the packages then built for webgl as usual and noticed that it just worked.

8. jeanedouard_unity

jeanedouard_unity

Unity Technologies

If you can provide some examples of graphs where nodes can't be executed in an IL2CPP build that will help us to validate our fixes. Also, if you already submitted a bug, please link it here.

N04H08 likes this.
  9. ericb_unity

ericb_unity

Unity Technologies

When building in WebGL, are you always building in an empty folder, I got issues when updating unity versions, forcing me to wipe the webgl build folder and rebuilding nodes in my project. I was also forced to remove some generated visualscripting C# files coming from TextMesh Pro API renaming...

N04H08 likes this.
  10. ericb_unity

ericb_unity

Unity Technologies

I was able to test your project with the next version and all errors will be fixed in your project. The only problem you will still have, is with the BlackScreen that make your project all black when running in Webgl. If you disable it, you will be able to see your project.

N04H08 likes this.
  11. N04H08

N04H08

Well sometimes I empty the folder sometimes I override a previous build it shouldn't be of issue I hope

12. N04H08

N04H08

Do you mean the recently released 2021.2.18f1 version and the blackscreen's color is turned transparent after a delay using some nodes to give a fading/loading effect instead of a pop up once it's loaded, so it shouldn't be of a problem but thanks a lot for the help I'll test it as soon as possible with the newest version

13. ericb_unity

ericb_unity

Unity Technologies

It will be in the next bug fix version of visual scripting package in this case 1.7.8.

N04H08 likes this.
  14. N04H08

N04H08

Awesome amazing news can't wait for it to drop will test it out right away once i've got my hands on it :)

ericb_unity likes this.
  15. marcuslelus

marcuslelus

PanthenEye likes this.