Search Unity

Bump map trouble

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by BlitheD, Sep 5, 2006.

1. BlitheD

BlitheD

Hi. I am having trouble getting any results using bumpmaps. I followed the directions in the "How to" section of the Unity manual and have attached some pictures to show how I am doing it and the results I am getting. Am I missing something? I am on an old iBook G3 - is my machine too slow to render the pictures right? Any ideas what's going on?

Attached Files:

2. Joachim_Ante

Joachim_Ante

Unity Technologies

Your graphics card (I presume it's a rage 128) doesn't support any form of bumpmapping unfortunately. Not much that can be done about it except buying a newer machine.

3. BlitheD

BlitheD

Thank you. That's saves me from spending more time trying to get it to work! Are there any other obvious problems like that I might encounter in using Unity on an older machine?

4. nickavv

nickavv

Does a GeForce MX 2 not support Bump Mapping either? Cuz I'm having problems with Bump Mapping, translucency, and other hosts of prollems. I'm getting a new MacBook this winter, but until then I'd rather not waste time trying to fix it. Thanx

5. AaronC

AaronC

I know this: Geforce2 on Mac=no bump/detail texture/ light coronas fancy stuff
    Geforce4 mx440 on PC: the same

The blob shadows should work-I was pleased to discover
    Which is a completely different topic but still adds to a low res videogame
    AC

6. Morgan

Morgan

My GeForce 2MX gives me no pixellights, but blobs are fine.