Search Unity

Games Bullet Force - Upcoming First Person Shooter targeted for mobile

Discussion in 'Projects In Progress' started by nxtboyIII, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Whiteleaf

Whiteleaf

Optimizing can be a difficult task sometimes. I do things like disabling objects at distance, LOD, texture LOD, and overall you can turn down some settings. I think Unity has a page on optimizing for mobile but I'm not sure.

2. nxtboyIII

nxtboyIII

Well it starts off OK but as more players join the match it lags a TON more :/

3. Whiteleaf

Whiteleaf

Then there's something with the player. In my multiplayer FPS I can handle as many people as I want and stay at good frames, even though I'm on PC we're able to compare based on frame drop. When someone joins one of my games, they have a model, animations, quite a few scripts and that's about it. There is no noticeable frame drop; what about yours?

If you can, host a game in Unity, glance at the stats, join the game with your phone(s) and see how the FPS changes when a player joins. It might also be the tri count for your player model.

4. S0HAM

S0HAM

HEY CAN U JUST ADD OFFLINE FRIENDS MODE IN *BULLET FORCE* SO AS TO PLAY WITH LOCAL FRIENDS WITHOUT INTERNET! !!!!! SUCH UPDATE WILL THRASH OUT MINI MILITIA! !

5. S0HAM

S0HAM

CAN U JUST ADD OFFLINE FRIENDS MODE . IN BULLETFORCE SO THAT WE CAN PLAY WITH LOCAL FRIENDS WITHOUT INTERNET! ! ! ! AND SUCH UPDATE WILL THRASH OUT MINI MILITIA LIKE GAMES! !!

6. HermesonBF

HermesonBF

Which shader do you use for weapons, player and scenario? For weapons are Mobile/Bumped Specular Unity Shaders? I'm starting to do an FPS game for mobile and was impressed by the quality and performance of Bullet Force. Good job!

7. nxtboyIII

nxtboyIII

Secret xD

8. HermesonBF

HermesonBF

9. nxtboyIII

nxtboyIII

Wow that wasn't nice I said "secret" lol, for the guns I use a BRDF shader, the one from Madfinger

AshwinTheGammer and theANMATOR2b like this.
  10. HermesonBF

HermesonBF

Ok, thanks.

11. N00MKRAD

N00MKRAD

Love how it took you half a year for that reply XD

12. guadalupelupien

guadalupelupien

Last week, my friend asked me to try Bullet Force on freegames66 and it's my great choice to believe him.

13. AshwinTheGammer

AshwinTheGammer

I've been playing this game for many years and it has inspired me to make my own Android FPS game. I wanted to know how did you optimize the game? It runs at 60 FPS smoothly(w/out overheating CPU). I've done a lot of optimization in my game. But its FPS is locked at 30 and it overheats the CPU after few minutes, Max Draw call is around 100 in my game.

14. nxtboyIII

nxtboyIII

Nice thats cool

100 batches? Is that what you mean by drawcalls?

You should use the Profiler to see where the time is being spent

Also you can set it to 60 fps with Application.targetFramerate = 60

AshwinTheGammer likes this.