Search Unity

Question Built in Post Processing Stack

Discussion in 'Visual Scripting' started by mickstv1972, Jan 4, 2023.

1. mickstv1972

mickstv1972

Hi Just wonder is there is a way to control the Built in Post Processing Stack from Visual Scripting. So I can turn options on/off or adjust levels ?

2. mickstv1972

mickstv1972

Bump....

I managed to find the Vignette Node and regenerated the Nodes. Now I can find most of the Post Processing Options. But like in the picture below I cannot select the Vignette from the Inspector.

Any help would be appreciated.....

Screenshot (125).png

3. PanthenEye

PanthenEye

If I remember correctly, UVS is unable to access post processing directly and needs a C# wrapper. Back when Ludiq forums existed in Bolt days, someone posted a public resource for that but the forums are not up anymore.

4. mickstv1972

mickstv1972

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I found a link "no longer working" for that forum. I found code to do it in c# but was hoping to just do it all un VS. Oh well.....

5. Trindenberg

Trindenberg

This is how I was able to store it in the graph. From there you could access the stored reference to do stuff with it. You won't find a Vignette above because it's not an object/asset by itself, it's part of a Profile.

You do need a manual trigger to store it outside of play mode though. For some reason this Manual Trigger loads inside a previous graph I have, but I can't physically add it manually. So there's nothing wrong with the node, it's just not loading into the node selection (one of my major headfuzz when trying to create custom nodes that just won't show in the menu).

upload_2023-1-12_22-27-36.png

6. PanthenEye

PanthenEye

Isn't Manual Trigger from Community Addons pack? No one's maintaining that anymore.

7. Trindenberg

Trindenberg

It doesnt work in newer versions so i messed with the code ages ago.

8. mickstv1972

mickstv1972

Thanks for the Replies...

I decided to do some C# and have got "Vignette and Ambient Occlusion" working with Toggles for on/off and also Sliders for Intensity Control. The C# script is used inside Visual Scripting. Visual Scripting controls the options and also Auto Saves on any changes done.....

Here's a short Youtube video....

Edit : I will mention I have asked another person Leo for help, using part of my code he made a version as well. But I decided to continue with mine, hence the YouTube, my version is simpler and includes Autosave.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2023