Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Built Game Crashes on Launch

Discussion in 'Linux' started by GravityGamesInteractive, Jan 31, 2016.

1. Philip-Rowlands

Philip-Rowlands

Sounds like it. I actually had massive framerate problems with this graphics card with the recommended driver (see here.

@Tak / @natosha.bard - by any chance do either of you have an AMD graphics card?

2. Tak

Tak

There have been some AA-related player fixes which will land in an upcoming release.
    Additionally, there were some situations in which the player would crash if the host system didn't support the minimum requirements (e.g. OpenGL 3.2 core profile) - we'll also update this so that the player exits cleanly with a descriptive message.

devotid, knobby67 and Philip-Rowlands like this.
  3. devotid

devotid

Im still having problems. :\
    Im building a linux standalone game from a windows 10 machine. It worked perfectly for 3 months with my Steam game with Unity 5.1.2 with no "-force-d3d9, -force-opengl" hacks. Now with Unity 5.3.3 and 5.3.4 I can not get my Linux build to launch at all on my test machines.

- I have tried the -force-opengl and other hacks when launching my game from the Steam menu.
    - I have unchecked the Auto Graphics API for Linux (in 5.3.4) and even rearranged the OpenGL2 and OpenGLCore in the Unity player settings.

I ended up having to open my 5.3.4 project in 5.1.2 and outputting a linux build. (there is not a choice for rendering in 5.1.2 under player settings for linux). I was able to open a 5.3.4 build with a 5.1.2 ONE TIME and make a Linux build. After that the Unity editor would throw an error and not open again. Opening a new 5.3.4 project with the old 5.1.2 editor took over 90 minutes to "reimport" the project. This is just not going to work as I cannot wait 90 minutes to make one small change.

Any advice how I can get my Linux standalone to work as it did in 5.1.2?

Thank you.

Edit: I only have OpenGL2 and OpenGLCore in the list of my Graphic APIs for linux player settings (5.3.4). Is there supposed to be more of them?

Edit2: I tried another test build from 5.3.4 with all AA turn off and set to "disabled" and still nothing. Nothing happens except Steam says Syncing.. and then closes. I even tried to hold alt to see the launch menu but nothing. No crash logs.... nada.

Last edited: May 12, 2016