Search Unity

Built For BlackBerry anyone?

Discussion in 'BlackBerry' started by PixelEnvision, Aug 5, 2013.

1. PixelEnvision

PixelEnvision

Anyone submitted/accepted to Built For BlackBerry program?

Last weekend I've decided not to wait for Z10 test device (still no word from BB), made few blind changes and submitted a new binary for review without testing it. Today the app is passed the review and now live on BlackBerry App World...

When logged in I saw an option to apply for Built For BlackBerry program. App seems to match their criteria* but I'm curious if any one applied/accepted with their unity built app...

* http://developer.blackberry.com/builtforblackberry/documentation/criteria.html

2. EvilDingo

EvilDingo

I assumed because it was built with Unity that it wasn't eligible, but by the look of that, it is. I might try it with my game. Can't hurt!

3. iossif

iossif

Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
  4. PixelEnvision

PixelEnvision

Well, I've just submitted... Terms states it might take 10 days, let's see how that goes...

5. GenericGame

GenericGame

Just submitted an app for BFBB five minutes ago, I'll keep you posted.

6. coolpowers

coolpowers

Built for BlackBerry approval can take a while. I have a (non-Unity) Built for BlackBerry game already, and it was a couple of months before it was finally approved. The main criteria for games is that you've integrated Scoreloop well.

7. EvilDingo

EvilDingo

coolpowers, you are the perfect candidate for helping us get In App purchases and Ad networks integrated! :) Any insights on how we can get those working?

8. PixelEnvision

PixelEnvision

Wow, that's a long wait just for a badge. As far I as understand, BfBB apps has a badge on app details search results on the device only (I couldn't see anything related to that on appworld web site) and we get the right to use badge on our website, etc. for promotion. I'm curious if it affects search result rankings...

Btw, service integration page states "*Games are not required to have a Service Integration." which I took as anything on that page including Scoreloop. Did they specifically stated anything about it? If that's actually mandatory I'll fail for sure...

9. coolpowers

coolpowers

During the beta, BlackBerry provided Unity plugins for IAP and Scoreloop, but I can't find them now the beta list has shut down. No idea about ad integration I'm afraid.

It may have changed, but when I applied for Built for BlackBerry the criteria list specifically said that Scoreloop would count as a BB10 service integration for games. It also has to run properly on the QWERTY devices. And I don't know if the turnaround time is faster now, when I applied they were also doing a little thing called launching a new mobile OS platform globally ;)

I can say that Built for BlackBerry designation has definitely improved visibility and sales for me.

10. zezba9000

zezba9000

I think you have to email "Dev-relations@scoreloop.com" explained here: http://resources.scoreloop.com/news/20130621/index.html
    Thats what i'm doing, so well see what happens :)

UPDATE: It seems you must have been part of the BB10 beta program to have access at this point.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2013
  11. PixelEnvision

PixelEnvision

Well, it's just approved today. :)

12. AlexThibodeau

AlexThibodeau

Unity Technologies

Congratulations!