Search Unity

Builds Randomly Fail at Creating Textures (Git LFS related?)

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by mcarriere, Sep 18, 2017.

1. mcarriere

mcarriere

Howdy --

We're getting random failures from CloudBuild where entire scenes seem to be missing several textures. This can generally be fixed by another build (we've typically triggered a clean build from the website when we see this).

Since it's iOS, build times are long, and finding this out after an hour-long build is painful.

The only telltale error message is the following:

12759: [Unity] Could not create texture from Assets/Games/[REDACTED]/Art/Meshes/Characters/Textures/TXT_MTL_Carl_Body_ALB.tga: File could not be read​

are sprinkled through the log.

No failure in the git checkout. The only difference I can see here is that a line that references the same GUID has an entirely lowercase path:

1837: [Unity] *** 7a115918bbb214920a7d12f5a210f774 replaces 10c88bbca5c0b4dac91db45e3d6acfcc at path assets/games/[REDACTED]/art/meshes/characters/textures/txt_mtl_carl_body_alb.tga

Happy to give more information to the CloudBuild team via PM/Email.

2. unitychrism

unitychrism

Hey there,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble. Could you direct message me a link to your project history in Cloud Build? I'll check it out and continue the discussion here sans sensitive info. This does sound like a behavior that would surface if there were issues during the LFS checkout and the pointer files remained in place.

Will respond with more info once I've looked at the project. Thanks!

3. mcarriere

mcarriere

Sure thing, send a few links over via PM.