Search Unity

Builds canceled with no reason

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by thibouf, Jul 29, 2020.

1. thibouf

thibouf

Hello,

Since the last few days, we have a lot of builds that are cancelled automatically. There is no log, so we cannot know the reason.

UCB Team, can you tell us what is happening ?

2. alan-lawrance

alan-lawrance

We are experiencing this as well. I am seeing multiple cancelled builds in a row, and we have a deadline coming up.

midhapulkit28 likes this.
  3. timopitt

timopitt

I have the same problem. The build is canceled without a reason shortly after the start. If not, the build fails with a message "no access right". I did no changes in the configuration since the last successful builds some weeks ago.

4. neil_sublime

neil_sublime

We've also been plagued by automatically cancelled builds since yesterday. We have 11 apps that all needed building for demos, and I spent most of the day trying to get them all completed.

We've also noticed that the Teams integration that tells us when builds are started and completed has stopped working since around midnight last night.

5. MigrantP

MigrantP

We saw the same thing. Today we are getting builds failing for no reason other than this:

Error: Bad runner encountered, please resubmit the job.

6. alan-lawrance

alan-lawrance

Also seeing the "Bad runner" errors.

Can we please get some visibility into what is going on?

7. MigrantP

MigrantP

8. damelin

damelin

Happened to me too, and now I'm having a hard time loading the Cloud Build dashboard pages (History, Config...)

Trying to load the History page sometime leads (after a long loading) to an error message: An error occurred while loading the build targets for this project.

Was able to load the page after multiple refresh.

UPID: 8c002931-57d7-4cf3-bab8-dbf47ee08214

9. MigrantP

MigrantP

The builds are flowing again!

10. Flavelius

Flavelius

It's still cancelling by itself here. And no logs are shown due to an error loading them apparently.
    Edit: After a few restarts it suddenly seems to work.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2020
  11. thibouf

thibouf

I tried to opened a bug, hopping it would trigger some alert to somebody at Unity ...

No luck, it was closed automatically because "Wrong Unity Version" ...

Seriously unity, is it too much to ask to have someone looking at the forum at least once a day, and answer when there are report of technical problems ?? I am not even asking you to resolve the problem, but at least acknowledge that there is a problem and start a discussion with your clients on how you could fix it and how we could eventually workaround ??

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2020
  12. joshcamas

joshcamas

I am also getting "Error: Bad runner encountered, please resubmit the job." errors. Kinda ruins the whole point of automated builds doesn't it?

13. MigrantP

MigrantP

Do we think perhaps we could get those bad runners to a cobbler? Perhaps they just need new soles.

14. midhapulkit28

midhapulkit28

I just got one today for the first time

15. Hassaan-XD

Hassaan-XD

I got one with Unity 2021.3.8f1 LTS. I just upgraded my project to this version, now downloading 2021.3.9f1 and trying on it.
    EDIT: didnt work.
    The same project builds successfully on my original copy on LTS 2021.3.4f1

Last edited: Sep 1, 2022
  16. Carl_UnityDSE

Carl_UnityDSE

Unity Technologies

Hello,
    In most cases, builds are cancalled when there is a time out with one of the build processes.
    These timeouts can be caused by many different things and they can be different case by case basis.
    I recommend contacting Support when you have a canceled cloud build, as when contacting support, they can check your build history and configurations. Such information is helpful when investigating canceled builds.

17. DhiaSendi

DhiaSendi

For me fixed by switching back the Texture format compression from ETC TO ETC2