Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Builds cancel automatically: "Status Code: 404 - Exception: Stacktrace: (none)"

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by broersma, Jul 15, 2015.

1. broersma

broersma

My project's builds have been automatically canceling for approximately the past 4 hours. In the Full Build Log for each canceled build is the following:
    Code (csharp):
    1. 1: <html><head><title>Error 404</title></head><body bgcolor="#ffffff"><h1>Status Code: 404</h1>Exception: <br>Stacktrace: <pre>(none)
    2. 2: </pre><br><hr size="1" width="90%"><i>Generated by Winstone Servlet Engine v0.9.10 at Wed Jul 15 18:16:41 UTC 2015</i></body></html>
    3. Status: CANCELED
    This looks like a Hudson/Jenkins 404 message (see also: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/23223886/triggering-builds-remotely-in-jenkins), so I'm wondering if the build server for my project might be experiencing issues. If this is the case, when will it resume normal function?

My subversion host is up and running and I'm pretty sure my Unity project should not cause 404's in a Java servlet :), but if there could be anything in my project setup or in its Unity Cloud Build settings that could be causing this issue, I'd be interested to know.

2. jschieck

jschieck

I'm also having the same issue, just started today.

3. CalmME

CalmME

The issue remains today as well. All our projects have the same problem on Cloud Build.
    They all worked up until yesterday.

4. David-Berger

David-Berger

Unity Technologies

Service Malfunction

We have become aware that several Unity Cloud Build users run into Error 404 building their projects via SVN right now. Git and P4 are not affected as far as we know. We already work on the solution of the malfunction and I will let you know as soon as we have found and hot-fixed the issue. Currently there is no workaround available. We apologise for the inconvenience.

-db

5. broersma

broersma

Thanks for your reply, David. Good luck on creating the fix.

I do wonder, wouldn't temporarily moving my project to a Git repo constitute a satisfactory workaround?

6. Pix10

Pix10

@broersma It would, though I've just gone the other way and it was a day-long pain the backside (and then, this! Will karma ever been even?? :))...I think it's just swapping one hassle for another.

7. broersma

broersma

Moving to Git does indeed work in a pinch, but I can see how it's not a realistic workaround for every affected project.

8. Pix10

Pix10

Yep. Git's smooth, but SVN is cranky when creating a new repo from an existing (and huge) project. You have to do it bit by bit, very tiresome.

I was considering git-svn (http://git-scm.com/docs/git-svn) at one point, but I'm not that brave (or foolish, pending viewpoints).

9. David-Berger

David-Berger

Unity Technologies

It could be a possible workaround, but involves a lot of work. It does not affect all svn repositories and we still work on a fix. Please stay tuned! :)

10. Pix10

Pix10

Ah that's interesting. We're using Assembla, if host matters at all (we're broken too).

David-Berger likes this.
  11. CalmME

CalmME

We are using Assembla as well, actually.

David-Berger likes this.
  12. broersma

broersma

And so are we.

David-Berger likes this.
  13. Formic

Formic

Also broken, also using Assembla.

14. hypeNate

hypeNate

Unity Technologies

Hi everyone,

We're continuing to see issues with connecting to and building from Assembla-hosted SVN repositories since last week. Other SVN hosts do not appear to be affected, and we're continuing to test possible workarounds.

We've applied a patch to Unity Cloud Build, but the results with Assembla SVN repos are still inconsistent (at best) so far. We'll update this thread further when we have more information.

Gaspar, CalmME, Pix10 and 1 other person like this.
  15. MediaMonks

MediaMonks

Is there any progress on this? We haven't been able to do a build for over a week now and the support ticket I opened hasn't gotten any reply from you guys. We are still paying for this service.

CalmME and StanislavMaksheev like this.
  16. David-Berger

David-Berger

Unity Technologies

Hello and welcome to the forums!

We tested some fixes already and there might be 1/3 chance that a project builds right now. We are in contact with Assembla now to fix the issue asap. I'll let you know as soon as we have more information available.

CalmME likes this.
  17. MediaMonks

MediaMonks

Thanks for the update. Good to know you guys are in contact with Assembla about it.

18. Pix10

Pix10

I managed to get our app to (start to build) from the Assembla SVN repo, but it fails with:

Our git repo was ~1.2GB at it's height and built no problem, and I actually removed a lot of deprecated stuff before transferring to SVN. Our SVN repo is currently 945MB.

Is something up still?

19. Pix10

Pix10

Incidentally... could cancelled operations not set the lock-down timer?

You say 1 in 3 builds work, but I have to wait 30 minutes between failures...you can see where my head is at ;)

Last edited: Jul 24, 2015
  20. David-Berger

David-Berger

Unity Technologies

@Pix10 that means you managed to check out from Assembla (at least on that try), and what gets checked out is larger than you might thing it is. Did it work properly before the builds started to fail due the Assembla checkout issue? But yes we work on a solution.

21. Pix10

Pix10

Sorry, what does this mean? Are you confirming it's wrong, or that it's not unexpected behaviour?

If I'm being told I need to upgrade my plan, I'd like to know what the real numbers are behind the scenes - the plans specify repository size limits, not UCB's local footprint after a pull.

This morning I created a new git repository from a mirror of the SVN repo. This builds fine, and while the Full Log doesn't log the pull size (this might be useful), at the end of the build it reports a workspace footprint of 1.61GB, which is close to the local size (sans Library). Bitbucket reports the git repo as being 512MB. Big difference, but still not >2GB.

17361: WORKSPACESIZE | ARTIFACTSSIZE
    17362: 1.61 GiB | 188.17 MiB

This suggests there's a big problem with SVN pulls (even if only with Assembla right now) if it's telling clients they need to upgrade, when clearly they don't.

There are posts elsewhere, even one in the original stickied Announcement thread which suggest others have come across this too.

@nate77 wrote:
    It may be I'm making a mountain out of a molehill, but "where's there's smoke".

Last edited: Jul 25, 2015
  22. MediaMonks

MediaMonks

So far I've been able to build 0 out of 22 builds, since you've said that.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
  23. David-Berger

David-Berger

Unity Technologies

@Pix10 I meant that this could be a bug (while working on fixing Assembla) if it shows sizes which it did not show a few days ago, when Assembla still worked.

If your workspace has 10GB and your game project folder which is a subfolder in your workspace which has 500MB and you specify this project folder to checkout, it still counts the whole 10GB repository against the 2GB limit.

So in your case, if the workspace is 1.61GB then this should not show this message. But the message you posted earlier shows 2.41GB.

24. Pix10

Pix10

@David Berger If you have 10 eggs and Harry has 4, how many eggs does Sally ha...ah no, horrible memories.

I saw the word bug, so that'll do and I'll trust that it will all work out. ;)

David-Berger likes this.
  25. David-Berger

David-Berger

Unity Technologies

Status update:

Repeated but not completely consistent errors are still being seen in connecting to Assembla (and only Assembla) SVN repositories. Cloud Build continues to support all other SVN repos without known errors, and we're continuing to work with the Assembla team on identifying and resolving this. We apologise for the inconvenience.

MoArt and shochet like this.
  26. MoArt

MoArt

Hey guys,

i am facing the same issue and like to join in to the information updates.

i am also using assembla. every build failed.
    i thought of moving the project from trunk to a separate tag and build from tag but it also didn't help.
    i am also not getting any log informations just
    Code (CSharp):
    1. 1: Error loading logs; logs unavailable for this project & build.
    3. Status: CANCELED
    @unity guys: if you like to take a look at my cloud build feel free to do so

i am looking forward for a fix =)

best regards,
    Marty

David-Berger likes this.
  27. MediaMonks

MediaMonks

Our last successful build is now 3 weeks ago and we are paying for a studio license. Are we going to be compensated for this downtime? And more importantly, why is there still no progress?

28. MoArt

MoArt

hey,

seems like something happened around here.
    today i checked again if UCB is able to build from my assembla repo

it still fails but now i get log messages which show the following
    Code (CSharp):
    1. 1853: At revision 71
    2. 1854: no revision recorded for https://subversion.assembla.com/svn<rest of my repo url> in the previous build
    3. 1855: BUILDJOB_CACHE=library
    4. 1856: BUILD_PLATFORM=android
    5. 1857: CLEANUP_WORKSPACE=true
    6. 1858: SANDBOX_BUILD_USER=true
    7. 1859: ! postcheckoutstatus failed. Project is too large to build for this tier of service. (1.11 GB exceeds limit by 106.34 MB). See https://build.cloud.unity3d.com/plans/ to upgrade.
    8. 1860: Build step 'Execute shell' marked build as failure
    9. 1861: postbuildstatus finished successfully.
    10. 1862: ls: Library: No such file or directory
    11. 1863: Deleting project workspace...
    12. 1864: Finished: FAILURE
    14. Status: FAILED
    this message is technically right but also wrong at the same time ;D

i've checked out the source path separately to a dedicated folder on my local machine.
    the folder size of the repo has a total of
    1,03 GB (1.112.117.248 Bytes)

But here comes the twist:
    as you know inside the repo folder you have two parts.
    the source files itself and the .svn folder
    the source files in summary (in fact asset files, scene files, project settings n stuff you know) have a size of
    532 MB (558.104.576 Bytes)
    the .svn folder has a total size of
    528 MB (554.012.672 Bytes)

which sums up to the given 1,03GB

i would expect UCB to exclude the .svn fodler from calculation since that folder can get pretty big during project process and thus in fact will always exceed the file size limit in the future =)

but nice to know there is progess

edit: i am also assuming that you (unity guys) calculating the project size by yourself since 1.112.117.248 Bytes are 1,03 GB and not 1,11 GB as seen in the log message =)

best regards,
    Marty

Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
  29. hypeNate

hypeNate

Unity Technologies

OK! For all of you who have had problems with SVN (including the Assembla bug and the folder calculation bug) please try building your projects again! We think we have got this sorted out, and we want to hear from you.

Thanks for your patience! Looking forward to hearing how it goes...

CalmME likes this.
  30. MediaMonks

MediaMonks

It's working! Thanks!

31. CalmME

CalmME

It's working for all our projects again. Thanks.

32. michielbrinkers

michielbrinkers

It seems each build does a fresh checkout now, despite having library caching on.

33. MoArt

MoArt

Also, my reply.

it works now perfectly =)
    there is also no warning about the project's size. awesome =)

i would be interested in the final solution. May you tell us what the problem was? ^^

Best regards,
    Marty

34. broersma

broersma

It's working here as well. Thanks for all the help.

edit:
    @hypeNate Actually, it seems that it's now failing exactly every other build attempt after 30 to 40 seconds.

The full build log shows it's doing a checkout and then we get 2 SVNCancelExceptions. Cache Library Directory is on and this happens both for regular Builds and Clean Builds.

Could this be related? Should I start a new thread?

Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
  35. David-Berger

David-Berger

Unity Technologies

We rolled out a new patch now which should fix all outstanding Assembla related issues. :) If you still encounter issues with Assembla checkouts, please let us know!

36. Fawad-Asghar

Fawad-Asghar

Unity cloud build is cancelling again and again for no good reason and giving this error in error log:

1: <html>​
    2: <head>
    3: <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1"/>
    4: <title>Error 404 Not Found</title>
    5: </head>
    6: <body><h2>HTTP ERROR 404</h2>
    7: <p>Problem accessing /job/repo-link-git.ios-build/undefined/logText/progressiveText. Reason:
    8: <pre> Not Found</pre></p><hr /><i><small>Powered by Jetty://</small></i><br/>

9: <br/>
    10: <br/>
    11: <br/>
    12: <br/>
    13: <br/>
    14: <br/>
    15: <br/>
    16: <br/>
    17: <br/>
    18: <br/>
    19: <br/>
    20: <br/>
    21: <br/>
    22: <br/>
    23: <br/>
    24: <br/>
    25: <br/>
    26: <br/>
    27: <br/>
    28: </body>
    29: </html>
    Need help its urgent.

37. LiterallyJeff

LiterallyJeff

I am also seeing this same error message. Any info about this would be appreciated.

38. mendo

mendo

We're having the same Error 404 issue here... the last four days 26 of our last 31 builds have failed with this error. The ones that worked are without any significant code change so it seems to be a problem with the build machines...

39. jtate5

jtate5

Same issue here, haven't been able to make any builds today

40. mendo

mendo

These are our builds of the last 3 days. All 404 or wrong build targets (sometimes win standalone targets WebPlayer for no reason...). It's been like that for a week...

41. madgreg

madgreg

Same problem for me :( any clues?

42. ArminP

ArminP

Hey,

we have same issues. We were able to build with "build all" but when we started clean build we got Error 404.

43. sachin-mohite

sachin-mohite

We are on Assembla and svn. We are still facing these issues. Its very inconsistent in building.

1: Running Prebuild steps
    2: done.
    3: bvr 1.2.12
    4: bvr-api 0.2.4
    5: Checking out a fresh workspace because there's no workspace at /BUILD_PATH/learning-yogi.platformapp_v1.default-android
    6: Cleaning local Directory .
    7: Checking out https://subversion.assembla.com/svn...ormApp/Dev/Project/TrainerAppWithWorldAndGame at revision '2016-08-02T07:03:11.831 -0500'
    8: ERROR: Failed to check out https://subversion.assembla.com/svn...ormApp/Dev/Project/TrainerAppWithWorldAndGame
    9: org.tmatesoft.svn.core.SVNCancelException: svn: E200015: authentication cancelled
    10: FATAL: null
    11: postbuildstatus finished successfully.
    12: Finished: FAILURE