Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

BuildPipeline.BuildStreamedSceneAssetBundle Broken?

Discussion in 'Unity 5 Pre-order Beta' started by Fishypants, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Fishypants

Fishypants

build-scene-asset-broken_01.jpg build-scene-asset-broken_02.jpg Has anyone had any problems with this? I'm on the latest beta and it seems the BuildPipeline.BuildStreamedSceneAssetBundle isn't exporting things correctly. This is the code that I have been using for multiple versions of Unity without any problems:

static function ExportSceneAsset(){
    // Get the currently open scene
    var currentScene = EditorApplication.currentScene;

// Build array of levels to export (we only use 1 but it requires an array)
    var levels : String[] = [currentScene];

// Tokenize the path to get just the scene name
    var sceneNameExt : String [] = currentScene.Split(char.Parse("/"));

// Export the scene
    BuildPipeline.BuildStreamedSceneAssetBundle(levels, ("C:/AssetBundles/" + sceneNameExt[sceneNameExt.Length - 1] + "3d"), BuildTarget.WebPlayer);
    }

And the exported scenes were working fine, but now since I am trying it on the latest beta, I'm pretty sure its broken now.

I've attached two images of what the test level looks like in Editor, and what it looks like after playing the game and trying to load the scene asset (lots of geo missing, no materials in the scene, and all the monobehaviours are gone)

2. Fishypants

Fishypants

* Bump * - Just curious if something changed that I need to account for, or if anyone else has run into this. If this is not intended behavior then I will submit a bug report.